• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello Everyone!

RE-APP

Hi, I have been getting useful information from this site for some time now. I wish I would have found this sooner. Anyway, my brother owns a sign shop however he has trouble with understanding a lot of new things and often asks me to help him learn. He can read things over and over and not understand however if someone shows him, he learns just fine. When he has a question or a problem with software or equipment he calls me and I search the internet. The last cutter he bought sat for 2 weeks until I could come and set it up for him. He does great quality work and has had several repeat customers but really likes technical aspects simplified if possible.
I have learned quite a bit over the last couple years helping out some weekends and would like to assist him with some of his cut and mail clients. I would not need a large investment, he says I only need a 30" cutter.
From what I have seen lately, SW is great on package pricing however not so great on tech support. For the same price I could get either a 30" QS package from SW or something like a Roland GX-300 without anything else. My brother uses Roland and has had no problems but the "package" is enticing. Are packages worth the issues with support I've heard about or should I spend equal money on just a cutter alone?
I have searched the forums so I apologize if this has been previously discussed.

Thanks

signage

Welcome from PA

If you are going into business getting from some one locally can be worth the difference if something goes wrong and need help/assistance to get paying job out.

technowolf

best is local .............when a problem occurs and you need the job done.... you need good support no package

good luck

RE-APP

Thanks for the good advice. I did a search and found that there is an Ordway store within about an hour and a half from me. They had what I was looking for and were very helpful. All that extra stuff SW includes in the packages are just "fluff" in my opinion.

2NinerNiner2

Bonjour de Montréal
salut.jpg

Print-Kwik

I took the chance and got a package deal from SignWarehose when I got my ValueJet & FC7000. Non of the local guys could even get in the same ballpark as SW when it came to pricing.

The equipment is fairly easy to get rolling now-a-days, so take what gives you the most bang for your buck.

that's my $0.02

RE-APP

The prices at SW are some of the lowest for sure. I have an Ordway close to me so it made sense for me. In addition, all of the people there were very friendly and helpful. SW made a little too much effort to try to sell me things I didn't want and definitely didn't need. They didn't seem to know as much about their products as they should.