• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from a new member

Doc Savage

Howdy All.

I joined up a while back and have been lurking here just to soak up some knowledge from all of you. I live in Delta, Ohio and have a business located in Swanton, Ohio. I have been involved in various kinds of design work for years. I have about 15 years of CAD/CAM experience and that was where I got my first taste of vinyl cutting. I messed around with various projects for years. Roughly a year ago I began working for a regional sign company as a production designer.

Meanwhile, about 18 months ago my wife and I started a company selling retro soda pop. While setting up this business I came across a Roland PNC-1210 cutter for a steal. I bought it so that I could do all my own signage for my soda shop. I decided about 8-9 months ago I could use my own equipment and make some extra money on the side working on projects for other people. So I have been making window signage and sidewalk signs in my free time while I was working at the soda shop.

At some point I hope that I can create enough incoming work that I can upgrade from my Roland to a cutter/printer to get a little deeper into the sign making process. For the time being I am happy doing the window signs and graphics for race cars at the local race tracks.

Doc Savage

I am 30 miles west of Toledo. I work I Central Ave. just east of Centennial Road. I am glad I do not have to drive any further east into the city. If I can avoid it I do not go into Toledo. I would rather go to Defiance or Adrian, MI to shop.

signworldusinc

Merchant Member
Hello there from California! Let us know if you ever need any printing media or equipment, we'd be happy to assist you as best as we can =)

Warm regards,
Signworld Team