• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from another South African!

whitehorse

Hi to everyone here,

I started my career as a ticketwriter over 30 years ago. I am now 50 years old.
Besides a year long stint as a merchandiser for a liquor company i've only worked for one company, Beares Furniture Group, my entire life.

I do what i know as commercial art. Signwriting, ticketwriting, silkscreening, display work, building floats etc., etc. All done old school, by hand. Later i moved into graphic art, design and aspects linked to that. The advent of vinyl cutters and large format printers saw my crossing over to the " digital: side.

I ended my career at Beares as a store developer in the Western Cape of South Africa. I was made redundant by the new owners and went freelance.

Due to ill health i have had to stop most of my signwriting activities but because of my work with my carpentry teams have picked up a great liking for woodworking.

I've got a scrollsaw and a ton of tools and am know knee deep in arts and crafts. This is where my main passion now is. I cannot think of a better combination of artist, signwriter and woodworker.

Anyways thats a little about me, hope to hear from anyone who has also been in the above mentioned fields and now started a different hobby or career. :peace!: