• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Australia

you design

Hi guys and girls :)

I am relatively new to the sign and printing game and so far loving it. Not to say it has been an easy ride so far, it has been very challenging to say the least. An opportunity came up to purchase a used Roland VP-540 and I jumped on it. I had to work 3 months straight laboring without a day off 5am-5pm just to get this machine.

I think its safe to say I wanted to get into this industry big time! Once I finally paid for the machine and had it all installed at my home then the real fun begun :) No one told me about color profiles, media profiles and all the other fun things that go with it. So here I am 8 months later spending weekends, mornings, nights learning as much as I can possibly learn to get this as near perfect as possible.

From the get go I had problems with banding, over spray, and disconnection issues. I had experts look into it and tell me they have never encountered the particular characteristics I was experiencing which made it more difficult to resolve. Finally 90% of the problems are gone, I am replacing the black head in 1 hour which should be fun.

I am new to this site and already I can see how helpful this experience is going to be, I read the Newbie post from the administrator talking about new people in the sign industry thinking they know everything. I myself and happy to learn from the helpful criticism so feel free to correct me if I am wrong as the reason why I am on here is not to sit back in my chair pretending to be something I am not and that is a master sign writer or printer. I am here to become one!

Choosing this industry for me has been probably the most challenging so far but I am here to stay. This is it for me I will be in this industry until I retire so let the good times and the bad begin. I look forward to speaking with a lot of you and hope to learn from you all! I am situated on the Gold Coast - Australia so anyone nearby feel free to add me as a friend to exchange ideas.

LeLuni

Welcome, Klaus,
I'm in the same boat as a beginner that is putting themselves out there and jumping in with both feet. Good luck, you've got a great website and a great story to build upon.
John.

you design

Hi LeLuni

Welcome, Klaus,
I'm in the same boat as a beginner that is putting themselves out there and jumping in with both feet. Good luck, you've got a great website and a great story to build upon.
John.

:thankyou: for the compliment on my website. I did it myself and im giving it a clean up next week to improve on it and add videos.. Good luck with your business also I hope everything goes well for you. I am flat out with print jobs at the moment which is great. I went and hit the streets 4 weeks ago and introduced myself to businesses in my area. I did this for 3 days and got probably 35 or so print jobs out of it and also referrals so I highly recommend doing this if you havent already :) talk soon mate and keep in contact let me know how everything is going from time to time!

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from OK USA

:Welcome: to :signs101:

I like your web site design. Just a couple of suggestions though.

Most non sign people do not know what CMYK is but they do know what "full Color" is.

I would not show a picture of the tools I work with unless I were also selling them.

Good luck!

you design

Thanks!

:Welcome: to :signs101:

I like your web site design. Just a couple of suggestions though.

Most non sign people do not know what CMYK is but they do know what "full Color" is.

I would not show a picture of the tools I work with unless I were also selling them.

Good luck!

Thank you for the suggestions you're absolutely right.. I have spent so much focus on the nitty gritty details that I didn't think of it from a customers' perspective. I am making changes this week to the site a complete overhaul and they will be on the list of changes thanks again :)

you design

Change of Black Head SUCCESS!!

Hi guys and girls :)

I am relatively new to the sign and printing game and so far loving it. Not to say it has been an easy ride so far, it has been very challenging to say the least. An opportunity came up to purchase a used Roland VP-540 and I jumped on it. I had to work 3 months straight laboring without a day off 5am-5pm just to get this machine.

I think its safe to say I wanted to get into this industry big time! Once I finally paid for the machine and had it all installed at my home then the real fun begun :) No one told me about color profiles, media profiles and all the other fun things that go with it. So here I am 8 months later spending weekends, mornings, nights learning as much as I can possibly learn to get this as near perfect as possible.

From the get go I had problems with banding, over spray, and disconnection issues. I had experts look into it and tell me they have never encountered the particular characteristics I was experiencing which made it more difficult to resolve. Finally 90% of the problems are gone, I am replacing the black head in 1 hour which should be fun.

I am new to this site and already I can see how helpful this experience is going to be, I read the Newbie post from the administrator talking about new people in the sign industry thinking they know everything. I myself and happy to learn from the helpful criticism so feel free to correct me if I am wrong as the reason why I am on here is not to sit back in my chair pretending to be something I am not and that is a master sign writer or printer. I am here to become one!

Choosing this industry for me has been probably the most challenging so far but I am here to stay. This is it for me I will be in this industry until I retire so let the good times and the bad begin. I look forward to speaking with a lot of you and hope to learn from you all! I am situated on the Gold Coast - Australia so anyone nearby feel free to add me as a friend to exchange ideas.

So we changed the black head and I now realize what prints are suppose to look like! No more overspray just clean sharp images and text without a hint of banding... I have found im not spending hours test printing with different profiles also.. A breath of fresh air :D

you design

Welcome to the forum. You certainly seem to have the resolve and drive to make your shop a success. Good luck!

Thank you! I really do love this industry, the more you put in (learning) the more you get out.. Not sure if you guys that have been in the industry for so long still get that feeling but when I see a sign I created installed I just love it (as long as I did a great job on it lol).