• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from BC!

ashford

Hello everyone! I finally thought I should introduce myself. :)

I work as a graphic designer/sign maker/juggler-of-many-work-orders in a sign shop in Kelowna, BC. We do primarily vinyl work, preferring to subcontract out the more complex sorts. We have three Roland plotters - my work station runs a GX-300; my co-worker, Bryan, runs a PNC-1210; occasionally we pull out the old beast that is the PNC-1800. (I think it's older than I am.)

Personally, I had no intention of getting into the sign industry, but now I'm hooked. (There goes that Masters in English I was hoping for.) Due to having more than decent grades in computing and design, I decided to get a "temporary" sort of degree in graphic design to fill the time until I saved up for university. Rather than it being temporary, I'm rather addicted to the variety of the work in the shop, and I hope to continue in this direction for awhile. (Maybe until I'm twenty-five or so?)

I just wanted to thank everyone for having such a great forum, and I hope I can contribute something with my meager two years of experience...

Cheers

Ashford

Ken

Hi Ashford..I'm just a little bit north of you, at Shuswap Lake. I'll prob be at KGH this weekend, visiting a buddy that got banged up.
But nice intro..kind regards...ken

ashford

hmmmmm speedpro perhaps down by yamaha and firehall.... morgan i think is the owner!

cheers

That's us! :) Have you noticed a change in business in Kelowna in the last few years? A few other types of businesses have noticed the change, but I was curious to see if another sign shop might have as well.