• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Brimfield, MA

twood

Hi Everyone,

This web site looks like it has tons of information and great people so I thought I would join it.

I have been interested in sign making since I was a teenager back in the early 80's but never thought I could make a living at it. My neighbor owned an auto body shop and I liked to look at all of the pinstriping and sign work done by the guy he hired but never met him, I was in school whenever he did the work. I had done some of my own work on my first car based on the work I had seen. One day I got to meet him and watched him work for hours and it was great. He gave me some tips and even said he liked the work I did on my car. After that I did a number of cars and trucks for friends and neighbors. I eventually went into engineering and my thoughts of sign making faded.

Now almost 30 years later I have decided to get back into something that I enjoyed. Hand painted signs look like a lot of work now that vinyl cutters are around so I decided to purchase a cheap cutter and a heat press to see what I can do. My first job is a freebee, for practice, doing the Boy Scout trailer for the troop my boys belong to. Later this week I have a farm sign and truck to do. I'll post some pictures.

Thanks to all of you. Your postings were very helpful in geting me started.

Ted