• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from California

bikecomedy

Hi

Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I have been lurking for some time and have gotten much from this forum over that time. Before I introduce myself I would like to thank those of you who have made the effort to post your thoughts and reached out to help. I have benefited from you and appreciate you.

My name is Gary and I have been working at making signs in Lincoln California for ten years this coming October 1. We recently moved the shop to Foothill Farms a small area in the county of Sacramento California.

Would like to become better at sign making and humbly hope to be accepted as a member of the forums.

My skills are from a construction background and I took night classes to be able to efficiently operate computer programs like Illustrator and Photoshop. Purchased and studied many books on design for and by sign professionals. Seems there is still so much to learn and a lifetime of enjoying doing so. I have also taken art classes from an early age, 9 years old. Enjoy sketching, water colors, chalks and acrylics, and have even hand painted signs but not professionally.

I use an HP L26500, GFP, Graphtech, Gerber Edge and Plotter, plus a 24" plotter that is a "piece" haha. We use Onyx Thrive, Flexi and Composer. Work on a Mac for design and PC for building/manufacturing.

For a pass time I do enjoy the outdoors and guide hikes here in Northern California. I specialize in taking people who have not yet been into the wilderness or are new to it. Occassionaly taking out more advanced hikers.

Other passions include food, website building and micro distilling.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and learning. Hoping some day to be able to pass along what I learn here to those who follow me.

Things I would like to know more about include, wall murals, gold lettering, vehicle wraps, electrical signage, especially LED systems. Willing to be an extra set of hands for anyone willing to share. Would love to travel to your place and see the area while helping you out.

Kind regards to all.

bikecomedy

Thanks

Nice to virtually meet you Casey! Thanks for the welcome. Nice website. Glad to know about your company and services.

bikecomedy

Thanks for the welcome SignsbyDale. Checked out your website. Very nice product. Watched your video. Nicely done.