• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Central New York

I’ve been registered on this site for a few years. Mainly I’ve watched with my mouth closed and tried to learn as much as possible. You are a knowledgeable bunch.

I work part time from a shop in my home. My work is currently limited to cut vinyl lettering and designs. Much of my work is somewhat non-traditional for most sign shops, but we use many of the same tools. We have been involved in snowmobile racing for many years, and I found a little bit of a market cutting side panel, bib numbers and rider names for the racers. I also do lettering like boat names, registration numbers, team and event banners, trailer lettering with sponsor recognition, etc. My signage work has been generally event sponsor signs which amounts to duplicating the sponsors business card or logo.

I’m working hard to improve my layout skills and learned about the Mike Stevens book Mastering layout from reading posts on this forum. I’ve read the book once and I’m almost though it for the second time right now. It’s a terrific resource. I’ll ask questions about some of the things I’ve learned another time.

I don’t think I’m going to get rich quickly (or even slowly) doing this work. I’m not a hack or a circle designer with a cricut. I don’t even need help designing or cutting an octagon. I don’t even have my first wrap planned for this weekend.

I just enjoy this work and would like to improve my skills so that I’m able to expand upon the goods that I can offer. Sorry for the lengthy ramble but hello again.

Signgrl

wavesmile-1.gif
A Big hello from the Black Hills of South Dakota!