• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Czech Republic

MikePro

greetings from Wisconsin USA!
...just booked my flight to Prague this week! will be my first-time to visit my grandfather's homeland, can't wait!

folvacny

MikePro:

I was born in Brno, but now i live in Prague (Prague 9). It is nice historical city. So i wish you nice stays here and don't forget to try our beer (Pilsner Urquell is best i think)
:thumb:

JBusch260

Greetings from Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA!

PS - Pilsner Urquell is fantastic. Many taste tests confirm this.

folvacny

True, true. Pilsen is really best :) Czech republic is know as "beer state" and i agree with it. As you can see, I have "tasted" that beer yesterday night :Big Laugh

1795412_10203505643991914_887996990_o.jpg

OldPaint

NAZ DROV-IA............ on the piva(peewa)........my grandparents are from over there. have a lot of friends with the strange last names like mine!! hahahahahahaha
my family name is PRIBISH, my professor in college was KUDJUNSIC........
veet-am-ee

Dennis422

True, true. Pilsen is really best :) Czech republic is know as "beer state" and i agree with it. As you can see, I have "tasted" that beer yesterday night :Big Laugh

View attachment 97171

Welcome.

I spent a night in Prague 8-9 years ago on the way back from Serbia.
Had a few of those. Awesome beer. Original Budweiser is great too.
Not as this crappy Bud over here in the States

folvacny

Haha it is funny as you write it.. i know exactly what you want to say and i understand you but we write it little different. :))

"NAZDROVIA" we write "Na zdraví" (that diacritic is really hard to learn in czech language)
"PIVA" is plural we write "Pivo"
"veet-am-ee" we write "VITAME"

and it is funny because some people in our state use "NAZDROVIA" instead "Na zdraví" just for fun :)

I think we can speak in czech
language after this short lesson :Big Laugh
My english language is not good - i know, but im learning by myself, so I like that you can understand my English.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from Pennsylvania..............................

Say that and weep......... :Big Laugh

folvacny

Welcome.

I spent a night in Prague 8-9 years ago on the way back from Serbia.
Had a few of those. Awesome beer. Original Budweiser is great too.
Not as this crappy Bud over here in the States

I have to agree because Budweiser is second best beer in our state (there are exists some statistics) but the most common beer is Pilsen and this beer you can buy in almost every pub in Czech republic.

On the other hand. The beers are only one thing that we have in excellent quality.

I have never been in States but i am going to go there in future with my father. My father has been in states last year on motorbike near Yellowstone national park. He said that there were very tastes food (big portions and lot of food).

Dennis422

On the other hand. The beers are only one thing that we have in excellent quality.

Hey, you also have beautiful women there too.
That is a nice combination, great beer and nice ladies.

And a few good players, Kohler, Nedved, Baros,.......

OldPaint

not sure of which ..dialect.......my grandparents spoke. my father always claimed to be russian, not a pol-lock. and my ba-ba's maiden name was BOK-AUSH, which i believe to be Hungarian, but she didnt speak Hungarian. spoke the same as my grandfather. i knew a few Hungarians, MA-JAR's as they called themselves. learned a few word in hungarian, so i know my jidu didnt speak that. we lived next door to them till i was 5........and did talk them in their language. been years and i dont have a lot opportunity to remember the language, but a few words here and there. used to say prayers, ot-so, sinu, doca, or father , son & holy ghost..........echa domo spa-ta..........go home and sleep. do-bra noch, good nite. goodby doz bay don ya....