• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from downunder, also collage printing

simso

Well folks this is my first post,

Im not a signwriter by trade but I am a woodwind instrument repairer, I purchased a plotter to be able to make some transfers that I can lay onto saxophones etc and then engrave the lines into the brass through the template.

That works fine, but I have a question, I use corel draw x4 for my outputting to flexisign and it works a treat.

I have also done a few logos for cars for friends and family but they are only a single colour vinyl transfer.

Now comes my question, I see vehicles driving around with multi cloured vinyl stickers, how does one achieve this, is it by making a cutout of different colours and then collaging them together onto a single piece of transfer paper, or is there another secret to it. Also some logos that I see are actually all colour printed within a cutout border, is this all done on one machine or fo you use a couple of machines to achieve that result

Thanks

Copy Cat Signs

Good job start asking

A solvent printer, plotter, software, laminator and training

Mutoh, Mimaki, or Roland Solvent printers are used for full color printing.
There is alot more but start with researching these machines.

Software is the other thing you will need... with training

Any Vehicle graphic should be laminated and for install.
(NO transfer paper.) The laminate should match the vinyl and use
a Vehicle wrap vinyl to comply to the shape of the vehicle. (vinyl 3M controltac, mat tac, oracal, etc..)

Research a dealer in your area they can help and show you demos.

Good luck.

simso

Thanks steve and everyone else, that video was fantastic, makes a lot of sense, I use oracle vechicle vinyl, thats our only local distributor, however the application film I have is a lot different, its more of a frosted film and very sticky, whats the stuff in the video, looks almost see through and not very tacky.

What is meant by vehicle wrapping

Ken

Wow...man, you are truly a newb...and we welcome you.
Please read thru (search) the numerous posts on all these subjects.
Good luck.
Welcome from BC..the other side of the world where it is now Winter...brrrr...
Ken

BobM

Welcome from Cape Cod. All the info you want is here on Signs 101. Do a search and you'll be amazed how helpful everyone is.