• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Florida

tmaj1865

I've been looking through this sight for a few days now just wanted to intro my self. My name is Mike and I bought a Roland Cx-24 about 4 weeks ago. I've been in the auto/industrail paint business for bout 20 years. I also have applied my share of graphics mainly on fire trucks and the sort.
This is my first step on the this side of the computer. I still have a full time job, and I do this on the side. The one thing I have learned so far is that this takes alot of time, more time than I realize. I have made a little money so far, I've also lean a little about "Intellectual Property", The Hard way.
Any way thanks to all the people who has contributed to this sight and I hope to be reading a lot more in the future.
Mike

tmaj1865

intellectual property

It started when my wife asked me to make a decal for her car to advertise a health drink she was using. After a couple of her friends seen it they wanted one. Then I took a picture of her decal and listed on E-BAY.
Well they were selling like crazy. After about a weeK my wife recieved an e-mail telling her to quite selling on E-BAY. Well after a few e-mails back and forth we figured it out that they were talking about me. After reading about all the legal ramifications, I stopped. I'm still getting e-mails wanting me to make them decals. You would think they would want the advertising. I guess I have alot to learn still.
The good thing is that I made enough money to buy more specialty vinyl.
Thanks Mike