• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hello from frankfurt, germany

karl moik

Hello to all

I'm Michael from Frankfurt am Main in Germany.
I'm more on the printerside and use a Roland vs-640i and a Canon iPF9000 for fineart-prints. But I love the sign culture in the US I could see on some road trips. It is different in comparison to Europe especially to Germany.
I look forward to my daily kick when I look at your great work :smile:

Greetings
Michael

as you can see ---> english is not my favorite language :cool:

knucklehead

Hey Michael, This is Michael from, the 'Deer Capital of Georgia'. Welcome to the show. And, we like seeing that cool German stuff.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
hello Michael,

spent some time in your country, I can see why you'd say that.

save some marks and come on over, you'd enjoy the trip!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hello to all

I'm Michael from Frankfurt am Main in Germany.
I'm more on the printerside and use a Roland vs-640i and a Canon iPF9000 for fineart-prints. But I love the sign culture in the US I could see on some road trips. It is different in comparison to Europe especially to Germany.
I look forward to my daily kick when I look at your great work :smile:

Greetings
Michael

as you can see ---> english is not my favorite language :cool:

You'll quickly come to realize, it's not many of the people from this country's favorite language, either. They do a bang up job of butchering our language, so don't feel bad. :rolleyes:

:Welcome:​

mrugen

Welcome from Alabama, USA!

As we like to say here in Alabama, Roll Tide! You'll have to Google it no doubt...WELCOME!

Jane Diaz

Welcome from Illinois. My maiden name was Kalkwarf. My family (one generation back) is from the Ostfreisland area of Germany, up on the coast. I don't speak much German, but WELCOME from Illinois! If you come to America, you are more than welcome to visit our shop (www.diazsignart.com) and you would love our town, Pontiac, IL. We are right on Route 66 and we get a LOT of European travelers because of that.

Dennis422

Willkommen und wie gehts!
Hi there. I had privilege to spend a few days in your city. I have worked in Messe Frankfurt, a big convention center.
My dad worked for a company that had exhibits on a few trade shows and sometimes I would go to help them out.
Know a bit of German, spoke with my mom when i was little.

Welcome to the board.

karl moik

Welcome from Illinois. My maiden name was Kalkwarf. My family (one generation back) is from the Ostfreisland area of Germany, up on the coast. I don't speak much German, but WELCOME from Illinois! If you come to America, you are more than welcome to visit our shop (www.diazsignart.com) and you would love our town, Pontiac, IL. We are right on Route 66 and we get a LOT of European travelers because of that.

hehe

sit down! take a look at the pic ... thats me in 2013 :Big Laugh

attachment.php

i think you now where it is :ROFLMAO:
but the trip was not the route 66. of course a short trak of it. we started in chicago and followed the footsteps of abraham lincoln (springfield and so on) to washington.
and you are right i love Pontiac, IL :smile:

Attachments

• IMG-20130625-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20130625-WA0006.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 126

karl moik

Willkommen und wie gehts!
Hi there. I had privilege to spend a few days in your city. I have worked in Messe Frankfurt, a big convention center.
My dad worked for a company that had exhibits on a few trade shows and sometimes I would go to help them out.
Know a bit of German, spoke with my mom when i was little.

Welcome to the board.

oh cool! the Messe Frankfurt is realy close to me. round about 20 kilometers (yes, we say kilometers :smile: )

Jane Diaz

hehe

sit down! take a look at the pic ... thats me in 2013 :Big Laugh

attachment.php

i think you now where it is :ROFLMAO:
but the trip was not the route 66. of course a short trak of it. we started in chicago and followed the footsteps of abraham lincoln (springfield and so on) to washington.
and you are right i love Pontiac, IL :smile:

Wish we would have known you were here!! Did you like all the murals and the Walldog museum? Well if you get back, make sure you give us a call!! We are in the phone book under Diaz Sign Art. We'd love to give you a personal tour of our shop, etc. You would probably hit it off well with Joe & Ben, my sons.
I was in Frankfurt in the 70's, actually all over Europe for a month. I LOVE Germany the best!!

karl moik

Wish we would have known you were here!! Did you like all the murals and the Walldog museum? Well if you get back, make sure you give us a call!! We are in the phone book under Diaz Sign Art. We'd love to give you a personal tour of our shop, etc. You would probably hit it off well with Joe & Ben, my sons.
I was in Frankfurt in the 70's, actually all over Europe for a month. I LOVE Germany the best!!

next year the route 66 is on my todo list. i gladly accept your invitation!