• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from germany

Spartan

Hey guys,

first of all, please excuse my poor english. I do my very best and i hope you can understand me :wink:

My name is Marc, 33 and as i posted in the title, i am from germany.
Why i am here? Well, i hope to find and/or get some information about making 3D-(de)signs from urethane-foam and wood.
I made a couple of wooden signs now, but i want to "go outdoor", because HDU-3d-signs are not very common here in germany. Most people KNOW them, but no one MAKES them. I want to jump at that chance now.

Here in germany they just make mold-design (mainly for the automotive-industry) from hpu, so i could neither find detailed informations about the exact characteristics of the hpu used for such signs (e.g. densitiy), nor how to paint that after cutting such signs.

I hope i can come up to the high standards here, soon. Maybe i can help others with my knowledge about cnc, cnc-software and router-bits in return?

Kind regards,

Marc

Spartan

Oh, i think i didn't express myself very well. As i said, i do my best in english here. Hope its enough :wink:

I do not want to be spoon-fed here
I am (and will be) reading the dimensional-signs-board, for hours now^^ I just wanted to tell how and why i came here for my introduction.

If (i should rather say WHEN^^) i have questions about certain things, i will post them in the appropriate board. After searching the forum, for sure :smile:

Here i just wanted to introduce myself and tell a little bit about me and my backgrounds.

Kind regards,

Marc

Spartan

Oh. A Welcome from the Master himself meaculpa.gif :wink:

I really admire your work and i love to read your reports!

Gene@mpls

Welcome from Minnesota. We had a German fellow in the sign camp in Indiana last summer who is very knowledgable. I will see if I can find his name- I think he was from Bavaria? BTW your english is better than most here. Gene