• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello From Germany!

huso

Hi everybody,

im huso, from germany. Im just beginning with sign making. I found this nice forum before some weeks. It looks like here are a lot of people with big experience in the signmaking business.

I Want to start with car wrapping and sail printing. I will visit a lesson about car wrapping in the next weeks. Im looking for technics how to print sails. ( Is sails the right word? The big fabrique that you use on a sail boat...? ).

Best wishes,
Huso

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from Pennsylvania..................................

Maybe you mean banners ?? Over here... sails are what you put on boats to power them around with the wind. Years ago these banners were made of canvas which is the same things as sails. Today, they are primarily made from scrim vinyl banner material. Hope that helps.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Hi Huso... and welcome

most sails that I have seen with printing are screen-printed as opposed to printed on someone's printer.

huso

Welcome from Pennsylvania..................................

Maybe you mean banners ?? Over here... sails are what you put on boats to power them around with the wind. Years ago these banners were made of canvas which is the same things as sails. Today, they are primarily made from scrim vinyl banner material. Hope that helps.

Yes , i mean sails to power boats around with the wind! Correct! Have any one of you a idea how to print them?

here is a sample:
http://www.usautoparts.net/bmw/pics/racing/16774_1024.jpg

Thx!

huso

You can probably bet that was screenprinted...

Thank you for the information. I thing some sails are printed in screen-printing but i thing there are also technics to print them with digital printers. May be before stitching the sails... Im not sure if it is possible to print them part by part before stitching? Because a sail is made of a lot of pieces of fabrique.

Greets,
Huso

Bigdawg

Just Me
Thank you for the information. I thing some sails are printed in screen-printing but i thing there are also technics to print them with digital printers. May be before stitching the sails... Im not sure if it is possible to print them part by part before stitching? Because a sail is made of a lot of pieces of fabrique.

Greets,
Huso

The sail has to be ink-receptive to print on it. Not sure what printers do that... I always thought the sails had a waterproof repellent on them that makes me think regular digital printing won't work.

But to be honest I have no experience with it... just guessing :smile: