• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hello from IL

CherokeeDesign

The majority of my design experience is website design, and printed materials. I have very little sign experience. I recently started Cherokee Graphic Design intending it to deal primarily in those media. My last "real" job was at a sign shop, mostly I did production work and very little designing, so while I have very little experience, it's primarily hands on. Mostly cut vinyl, which is what I want to learn more about.

I'm going to be partnering with a friend of mine in the next couple months, if you can imagine tattoo shop/silkscreening/website design/logo design/vinyl graphics, that's what we're going to be. :omg: He's got a very successful, established tattoo shop, and a side business of silkscreening. I'm bringing the website/logo design to the table, and we got talking and decided to do vinyl graphics. He has silkscreening clients that have inquired about it, so I guess we're going to take the plunge. Initially we're only going to offer cut vinyl, but may offer additional services depending on how successful it is. There's not a lot of other local businesses that offer vinyl, so it's a bit of an experiment.

This looks like a great place to research. As I posted, my sign experience is limited, so I'll probably do a lot more reading than posting, but at least wanted to introduce myself.

jhimes

Hey Cherokee,
Your name wouldn't happen to be Robert would it? Or maybe Row Row? Sorry your sign shop experience was so lame!
Jon

CherokeeDesign

Hey Cherokee,
Your name wouldn't happen to be Robert would it? Or maybe Row Row? Sorry your sign shop experience was so lame!
Jon

JONJON:

No, it wasn't lame, I was just explaining that my experience was more hands on. I learned more that way, than if all I did was design stuff and never actually applied vinyl. Sorry if it came across otherwise, that wasn't my intention. If I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't be here to learn more.

Robert