• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Jakarta!

edoedo1976

Hi all.

I'm new here. My name is Edo and I run a small shop sign in Jakarta, Indonesia.
I want to learn and discuss about sign making with you all, because I'm relative new in this field (I started making signage in 2003) and my experience is not as much as most of you guys.

I have a website at www.caturtama.com to show some of my works.

Sorry for my bad english. See you guys! :thankyou:

Not that this has anything to do with your post but was reading this today...

"When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced and his father returned to Kenya. His mother married Lolo Soetoro -- a Muslim -- moving to Jakarta with Obama when he was six years old. Within six months he had learned to speak the Indonesian language. Obama spent "two years in a Muslim school, then two more in a Catholic school" in Jakarta."

Do people visit your neck of the woods becausw of this now?

Welcome to this great forum!!!! Have fun!

BobM

Welcome from Cape of Cod where we speak our own version of English. We would be happy to PAAAArrrrrrk your CAAAAAAArrrrrr.

edoedo1976

Not that this has anything to do with your post but was reading this today...

"When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced and his father returned to Kenya. His mother married Lolo Soetoro -- a Muslim -- moving to Jakarta with Obama when he was six years old. Within six months he had learned to speak the Indonesian language. Obama spent "two years in a Muslim school, then two more in a Catholic school" in Jakarta."

Do people visit your neck of the woods becausw of this now?

Welcome to this great forum!!!! Have fun!

Yes, he was in Jakarta, and we are very proud of him and I believe most Indonesian support him in the election also.
Even some media made interviews with his school teachers and neighbors long time before the vote.
And there are so many local books tell the story about him and his childhood years in every bookstores here.

Thanks for a nice welcome! :thankyou:

edoedo1976

Thank you all!

BTW when I read the forum rules, I just realized I'm not allowed to post my website here, but oddly I can't edit the original post.

My bad :(

What should I do now? I had contacted Fred and hope he can fix this.

And thank you for all of you that visit this thread and welcome me!

signage

Edo as long as you are not trying to sell something and just to show your work it is OK as far as I know!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Thank you all!

BTW when I read the forum rules, I just realized I'm not allowed to post my website here, but oddly I can't edit the original post.

My bad :(

What should I do now? I had contacted Fred and hope he can fix this.

And thank you for all of you that visit this thread and welcome me!

You didn't break any rules. We like to see other member's work. The rule is about not advertising your business to members without having a merchant subscription ... which isn't what you were doing.