Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Lancaster PA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sevenangels, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Sevenangels

Sevenangels New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Hi All! I'm Betsy from Lancaster PA. I ran a lawn sign biz for many years which meant that I did birthday and announcement signs. I use a roland stika 15" with crap software - so I need some help here. I use the Dr Stika software that came with the machine. I bought it in 2002 and only used the machine to do announcements for my yard signs names etc. I am now doing car decals, boat names and window lettering for businesses and signs for local businesses. But I am learning the hard way all too often.

I worked FT and did announcements PT - but last October was downsized and well you all know the state of the ecomony so I'm STILL unemployed and I have 2 little ones to support so I've been forced to be creative, bartering signs for services...I also found that I love the design work, I'm super creative and I love it so here I am.

I need help with advice on better software, where to buy vinyl and blades as inexpensively as possible, what vinyl is best for my machine and needs...cuz weeding is my worst nightmare and I think blade adjustment has been a problem...which I think I fixed in the past few days by pure accident :scream:

Any help and advice, suggestions etc is appreciated.

Thanks, I'm glad to be here!
    Betsy - Sevenangels

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    welcome from cali :thumb:

3. DOGraphics

DOGraphics Very Active Member

Aug 9, 2007
    :Welcome: .......... 2 ........... :signs101:

4. BobM

BobM Very Active Member

May 31, 2008
    Cape Cod
    Welcome from Cape of Cod. Use the search feature and you will find plenty of help and answers to the basic questions.

5. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Welcome from up the road..................................

6. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2005
    Lawton, OK, USA
    Welcome from OK.

7. GregT

GregT Very Active Member

Welcome

8. WILLIAMS

WILLIAMS Active Member

May 29, 2008
    pa