• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Lima - Peru

Pachacutec70

Hello everyone, I am in the photo business all my life, I ran a family business myself, my father used to import photo related products and my mother had always a photo store, so I do both; I am an importer of used minilabs, I have a company for that, Minilabs del Peru EIRL, we refurbish them and sell nationwide, I work with a stuff of technitians, also with my wife I have 2 photo stores, I used to have 7 locations, we reduced it to 2, also my sales of used minilabs went down, all of that because of the digital era, so I am planning slowly to get into a different business, I started already importing used cars from the US, I made some money, but I am not so glad; like a year ago one of my customers wanted to get into the banners business, I didn´t pay him too much attention, he wanted me to import a machine to do banners, since I didn´t know about it and I was too busy with my minilabs I passed, he bought his nachine brand new from a local dealer, he bought a chinesse solvent inkjet printer brand JHF model 250..; it makes banner of 2.52m wide, he paid a lot of money and got a very poor service, two months ago I visit him in his city, and told me that the investment in the banner machine was very good, but regret that the company he bought gave a very poor service, he wanted me to get into this business and provide those machines because my service in the used minilabs was too much greater than the service he got for the new printer; I was very impressed for all the business he was getting, so I start researching and I find out some facts:
1) There is not used solvent ink jet printer dealers in Peru, all of them sell brand new, if someone wants a used printer has to buy it from an end user, obviously without any warranty.
2) Chinese printers are very popular specially Infinity, because of the low price.
3) I ask many of my customers if they want to make their move into the banner business and they are very excited with the idea.
4) Even my wife told me that she makes banner works in photo studios, so for us would be nice to get at least one machine.

Now my question is what I can offer to these customers?? I see so many models and makes. I already have quotations of some brand new chinesse Solvent Printers, but I do not wanna compete with the dealers who sell new, I want to stay in the used machinery, I wan to offer my customers a used equipment better than the new chinesse for the same price.
Here in Peru still buy printers with XAAR120 printhead, as I was reading in this forum in the states nobody talks about them, there are also some printers with KONICA printheads which brings out photo quality and are faster and higher in price too, but I think that Mimaki, Vutek all the machinery that you handle are better equipment but I do not know why, can anyone please tell me why??
Sorry that I will bother you with so many noob questions, but I am researching, I definetely will do some business this year, I just wanna learn to give a good advice to my customers.
Moreover, if anyone wants to sell his used equipment, I am looking specially Solvent InkJet Printers 2.52M wide, can be american or chinesse or whatever equipment you may have I am open to hear offers of all types.
Thanks in advance for all the answers I will get.

Craig Sjoquist

Welcome to a outstanding forum and people

try google more ..there is forums that deal with the digital print more also... besides here...

do not give up your on the right track..and can become.. S. americas largest dealer

git r dun

Signguyno1

Welcome from Millbury, Massachusetts. Send me your business card and I will send you mine as I collect sign makers cards.