• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Louisville

signboot

Hi All!
New to this board but not the sign business.
Been owner of Metro Signs in Louisville Ky for 30+ years
www.1-metro.com

I came across this board when doing some research for a new product I'm about to start marketing called "Sign Boot"
www.signboot.com

I'm hoping I can get some feedback, both good and bad from you guys.

Where best to start a thread to get opinions?

Thanks,
Bud

WildWestDesigns

I wasn't all that far from you today. I was up in Bowling Green this morning getting rained on.

Welcome to a wonderful forum.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Hi All!
New to this board but not the sign business.
Been owner of Metro Signs in Louisville Ky for 30+ years
www.1-metro.com

I came across this board when doing some research for a new product I'm about to start marketing called "Sign Boot"
www.signboot.com

I'm hoping I can get some feedback, both good and bad from you guys.

Where best to start a thread to get opinions?

Thanks,
Bud

Probably the Miscellaneous Hardware forum would be the best place to ask for feedback.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

First sign shop I ever worked at was in Louisville out on Baxter Ave. Don't remember the name, but I recall it had a well known boxing gym upstairs where at one time the then Cassius Clay (Ali) worked out. I was absolutely green when I was there, I knew nothing. After a couple of weeks I was let go for lettering a real estate 4x8 with poster paint since I didn't know the difference. The old sign painter there was pissed I was hired since he knew they wanted to get rid of him. He saw me open the wrong paint and didn't speak up. That was back in the days when most signpainters weren't very willing to share their knowledge. I miss Louisville and especially the annual bluegrass festival on the Belvedere Plaza overlooking the Ohio River. Man do I ever have some incredible memories of those Kentucky Women as well, in fact I could've written that song for Neil Diamond.

signboot

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Arlo, That was Beason Signs. I think the guys name was Sonny Fredrick.
Great old shop, did a lot of screen printing. The building is still there, now a restaurant. Louisville is still a great place, Like they say: Home of beautiful horses and fast women! The women aint to bad either.
Where are you now?

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Arlo, That was Beason Signs. I think the guys name was Sonny Fredrick.
Great old shop, did a lot of screen printing. The building is still there, now a restaurant. Louisville is still a great place, Like they say: Home of beautiful horses and fast women! The women aint to bad either.
Where are you now?

YEP! It was Beason signs and Sonny was the guy. Man do I ever have some lifetime memories of the women in Louisville... especially the one Hugh Hefner would have sent a private jet for anytime. (BTW... are we SUPPOSED to forget this stuff after over 30 years of marriage? help me out guys!) Can't believe the place is still there and a restaurant nonetheless. I went back one time many years after being fired and showed Sonny my portfolio and pointed out to him he had said I would never make a signpainter. He back pedaled and said that wasn't something he'd ever say to anyone. Did you ever work there?

signboot

YEP! It was Beason signs and Sonny was the guy. Man do I ever have some lifetime memories of the women in Louisville... especially the one Hugh Hefner would have sent a private jet for anytime. (BTW... are we SUPPOSED to forget this stuff after over 30 years of marriage? help me out guys!) Can't believe the place is still there and a restaurant nonetheless. I went back one time many years after being fired and showed Sonny my portfolio and pointed out to him he had said I would never make a signpainter. He back pedaled and said that wasn't something he'd ever say to anyone. Did you ever work there?

Hey Arlo, no I never worked there, but went to the auction they had when the shop closed, maybe 20-25 years ago. Bought a set of gold leaf, carved letters that spelled out SIGNS. Still have them displayed in my shop, beautiful darned things. They were part of the display on the side of the building at Billy Smith Signs on Broadway, do you remember that shop?
So, where are you these days?
If you ever get back this way, be sure to look me up.

PS: The women are still awesome here! ....I got married too, but I did'nt go blind!