• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Maryland

P.Hain

Hi all,

I just started in the sign industry 3-4 months ago, working for a sign shop in Baltimore. I'm having color profile/ink level setting problems and my boss (sales guy) cannot really help me. So I'm basically on my own. I went to school for graphic design, not to be a print technician! I'm really quite lost. I will be posting up a help thread where ever appropriate.

Working with Adobe Suite, Flexisign 8.6v2, on a Roland SC-545EX.

Craig Sjoquist

Welcome to a outstanding forum and people.

Excuse but I no nothing about print issues, I would suggest looking as far back in the archives till you find a solution here in signs 101.

Marlene

Hi and welcome!

I just started in the sign industry 3-4 months ago, working for a sign shop in Baltimore. I'm having color profile/ink level setting problems and my boss (sales guy) cannot really help me. So I'm basically on my own. I went to school for graphic design, not to be a print technician! I'm really quite lost. I will be posting up a help thread where ever appropriate.

since you went to school for design, you have a good start as you at least understand what it is the prints should look like. now you only need to learn the tech side of it. do searches and I think you'll find some info. also get your hands on trade mags as they have a lot of good info.

pure_media

welcome from virginia!! I too went to school for graphic design and found this job about 10 months ago. it's taken a little bit of time getting the hang of the technicle side of printing and whatnot, but it gets easier as time goes on. good luck to you!