Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from MD!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Red-Eye, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Red-Eye

Red-Eye Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Maryland
    Hey there!

Just registered the other day. I have been doing Vinyl Lettering for a few years now as a hobby and then I found out about Thermoflex.

bought my first heat press 2 years ago and started doing shirts for Softball teams.

So now I do vinyl lettering and shirts. Well I really enjoy doing shirts, so I have purchased screenprinting equipment. Now I need to learn how to screenprint.
    I also have purchased a Okidata printer for Dye Sub and will be purchasing the toners hopefully in the next few weeks.

My company name is Red-EyeGraphics.com, but I have taken on the name of TheJerseyPros.com since I am starting to do pretty much all mens softball teams and would like to expand my jersey offerings to more sports teams and a larger market.

I also started doing small vinyl decals for guys softball bats. Alot of guys will use Address Labels or Colored tape to ID their bats. I started offereing Numbers, then Initials, and then they just kept getting more and more creative.
    So I named them and put up a website. Battoos, Tats For Bats.
    www.Battoos.net.

I would love to find a printer/cutter to print small full color battoos as i get these requests all the time.

Anyway...that's my story. I hope to one day have this as my only job, but for now it's my 2nd job working 7pm - 2am most nights of the week.

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Welcome aboard from PA.

3. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    welcome Red Eye!

Does anyone in your area offer print/cut decal work wholesale?
    The only durable solutions I know of would require an incredible volume of battoos to make the payments, so I think finding a source that will give wholesale prices would be the best bet.

(did you have to get a license to sell that FOX logo on your website? How much is one?)

4. Whit

Whit Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Welcome from Texas !!!

5. Red-Eye

Red-Eye Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Maryland
    No actually I need to remove it. Not that the company has told me to, but I know I should remove it.

I have found how expensive those machines are. I was hoping I could find a used one for a good deal eventually. I obviously don't need a large one.
    I would definilty raise the price I charge for them if I'm able to eventually get one. I woudl also put a minimum order aswell. But i don't know the cost to run one, to know what I could charge.

6. WVB

WVB Very Active Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Yeah I believe Fox Racing is owned by Disney or CAPS. Can not remember which but am curious to know what they charged. I know to sell Fox merchandise such as caps, shirts etc. it will cost you $10,000 at first.

Second welcome to S101 Red Eye from TX.

7. ENTDesign

ENTDesign Very Active Member

May 12, 2005
    Welcome

8. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2005
    Lawton, OK, USA
    Welcome and good luck!

9. THATgirl

THATgirl Very Active Member

Sep 16, 2003
    hi and welcome from seattle

10. Cadmn

Cadmn Very Active Member

Aug 19, 2005
    welcome red-eye from Texas glad to se ya stilll kickin.