• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello From Miami - We get to the beach once every three months-

Argento Miami

Learning Everyday
Hello People of "The Fellowship of the Sign"

My name is Leandro....I am originally from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I am living in Miami, Florida...and just opened my first sign shop.

I have a Mimaki Cjv 150-130 a Gfp 355 laminator.........and a lot of debt and desperation to pay for it. :)

I am very very happy to have found this great forum with so many nice people helping each other get stuff done properly.

As i said before....In Miami it gets difficult to go to the beach, because during the week you work your butt off.....to pay the bread.
And when the weekend gets here, you are very tired to drive 1 hour to the beach and find it filled of noisy tourist and lots of reggaeton disgusting music at every other place.

I know this has nothing to do with signs, but people from cold places in the USA kinda dream to be in Miami when they are freezing their butts on a rainy wednesday.

Miami became a very expensive city....with lots and lots and lots of immigrants making really bad quality work for pennies.
The standard of work for 70% of the city is mainly "chinese cheap cut vinyl" everywhere.

So you have to dedicate to the other 30% that cares about quality and image.

Anyway!

Nice to be here. I will stop crying.
On Friday i will go to the beach with my dog with a banner of Signs 101 and take a pic for all of you. :)

See ya soon!

brycesteiner

Welcome to the forum Signs101

I actually don't care for Florida, I was there quite often when I was young because my parents loved it. It must just be my nature to stay away from the crowded beaches too!

Argento Miami

Learning Everyday
Welcome to the forum Signs101

I actually don't care for Florida, I was there quite often when I was young because my parents loved it. It must just be my nature to stay away from the crowded beaches too!

I admit my self to be a grumpy Florida resident....but reggaeton music is everywhere in this city and i am a musician....they get you nuts.
Tomorrow i will go to the beach anyway!!
and i will be here to complain right after. :)

Florida is nice for vacation. Or to get away from the cold a couple days......but moving here....i would not recommend to any Us citizen living in a nice place.

:)

Hello and welcome to signs101. If you need 10' grand format work we're in Miami too.

Thank You Alex!

I will try to pass by your store to see what things can you wholesale to me....i am always looking for wholesellers in order to do the least I can on my own and use that time to sell, actually.

Thanks!!!

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
Really don't want to be a dick but people in south florida opening up sign shops like it was just another mcdonalds or a barber shop. Every month I see another facebook post or instagram post about someone opening another shop around me. I am going, to be honest: It pisses me off. Everyone bidding under each other; it's disgusting. Every other wrap i see on the road makes me laugh because they either can't design for shit or can't wrap. Wrap business is far from easy. Half the time I make money I have to spend it new materials.

Argento Miami

Learning Everyday
Really don't want to be a dick but people in south florida opening up sign shops like it was just another mcdonalds or a barber shop. Every month I see another facebook post or instagram post about someone opening another shop around me. I am going, to be honest: It pisses me off. Everyone bidding under each other; it's disgusting. Every other wrap i see on the road makes me laugh because they either can't design for **** or can't wrap. Wrap business is far from easy. Half the time I make money I have to spend it new materials.

Don't be angry man.....
Just keep on doing your work in a great manner.....and you will do great.

The bad quality jobs talk for them selves and good work does the same.

:)

Last edited:

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
I try! It just pisses me off that anyone in the auto industry opening up wrap shops because it's trendy. I know a guy who owns a tire shop! Now he opened a wrap shop because so many of his customers were asking about wraps. I am telling you there is a new wrap shop every single month :/

boxerbay

Yes there are a lot of cringe worth sign shops here. Whenever I get those low ballers I just tell them are they looking for a price or are they looking for a quality job? The industry keeps making cheaper and cheaper printers so the market is flooded with entry level sign shops. Unless you offer something special above and beyond just pricing you will have a difficult time.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Florida has 2 major military installations and we don't have to wait in long lines to get a vehicle inspected every year. I will admit that when the military gave me an assignment to South Florida I had to decline. I've been there, didn't like it. Stopped at a Burger King to ask directions once, not one could speak english. I live in a very quiet town in the Northern Panhandle area about 3 miles from the largest military installation in the U.S.

Johnny Best

Florida has 2 major military installations and we don't have to wait in long lines to get a vehicle inspected every year. I will admit that when the military gave me an assignment to South Florida I had to decline. I've been there, didn't like it. Stopped at a Burger King to ask directions once, not one could speak english. I live in a very quiet town in the Northern Panhandle area about 3 miles from the largest military installation in the U.S.
I thought Florida does not have vehicle inspection anymore, no wonder there is no long line.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

Argento Miami

Learning Everyday
Yes there are a lot of cringe worth sign shops here. Whenever I get those low ballers I just tell them are they looking for a price or are they looking for a quality job? The industry keeps making cheaper and cheaper printers so the market is flooded with entry level sign shops. Unless you offer something special above and beyond just pricing you will have a difficult time.

I do the same. Ask them like the cops....you wanna go home or you wanna go to jail?
quality or save money? your choice.

Also, I have learned to push away everyone that approaches with this attitude:
"Hello, yes I have been to 7 different print shops....because i want to make this cheap cards..."
Whatever price or time you dedicate to those....they always come back at you saying they could get it cheaper in Hialeah -the center of latin bad behaviour-

Anyway. Thanks!

:welcome: to the :wavingflag: and :signs101smilie: from OK
Thank you!!

When I read the OP post he sounds like Tony Montana, "say hello to my little friend" accent.

That accent is more cuban "street gang style"......my accent is closer to an italian one. Cause i am from Argentina -most Italian people went there after 1st World war-
Also 2nd.
At that 2nd we had a lot of jews too....and later the hidden nazis.
we like to welcome people in Argentina. It seems. :)

I feel you man/
It gets kind of a downer to be in your own country not being able to communicate.
But you stopped at a Burguer king...where they pay the lowest salaries, to the least educated people from other countries.
If you ever come back to Miami, make sure to stop in a better restaurant and ask for the same directions....I am sure you will have full success li Borat says. :)

I thought Florida does not have vehicle inspection anymore, no wonder there is no long line.

No car inspections in Miami at least. Never had one. I own a police car by the way.....black and white.....i do not even get stopped by the real cops. :)