• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from NE PA Pocono Mountains

digitalwoodshop

I am new to this and wanted to introduce myself. The name is AL and I have a very small Tourist Product business near the boarder of NY/NJ/PA.

I call it Pocono Digital Woodshop and I do Laser Engraving, Color Sublimation, Rotary Engraving, Color Laser Toner Transfer, and V Carving with a Sears Compucarve (Insert Snicker Here). I have a wood shop and my products range from Quilt Racks, Wine Racks, Small Wood Signs to Color Sublimation stuff like plaques and Clocks.

New to Vinyl and someone at Sawmill Creek pointed me here, Thanks !!!

You can see my stuff on the Carvewright dot com site forum, I post under the same name. I am a Mr. Fix it as I am a retired Navy Fire Control Chief heavy into electronics. Worked for Sony for 8 years, 4 making Picture Tubes and doing Calibration then 4 years in Philly at the Service Center fixing Play Stations, DVD's, Phones, etc.

I have over 500 carving hours on one Sears Machine and about 200 on the other. I keep them busy. I post a lot of repair info on that forum.

Look forward to getting my FC7000 as I plan to hit the Fire Dept market with stickers and stuff.

Lots of good stuff here.

Thanks,

AL

S

SignTech

I am new to this and wanted to introduce myself. The name is AL and I have a very small Tourist Product business near the boarder of NY/NJ/PA.

I call it Pocono Digital Woodshop and I do Laser Engraving, Color Sublimation, Rotary Engraving, Color Laser Toner Transfer, and V Carving with a Sears Compucarve (Insert Snicker Here). I have a wood shop and my products range from Quilt Racks, Wine Racks, Small Wood Signs to Color Sublimation stuff like plaques and Clocks.

New to Vinyl and someone at Sawmill Creek pointed me here, Thanks !!!

You can see my stuff on the Carvewright dot com site forum, I post under the same name. I am a Mr. Fix it as I am a retired Navy Fire Control Chief heavy into electronics. Worked for Sony for 8 years, 4 making Picture Tubes and doing Calibration then 4 years in Philly at the Service Center fixing Play Stations, DVD's, Phones, etc.

I have over 500 carving hours on one Sears Machine and about 200 on the other. I keep them busy. I post a lot of repair info on that forum.

Look forward to getting my FC7000 as I plan to hit the Fire Dept market with stickers and stuff.

Lots of good stuff here.

Thanks,

AL

Welcome nice intro! First we are over near Scranton/Wilkes Barre PA in Wyoming, PA ....... so you relatively close. Tried to find your examples but no luck. Interested in your V cut skills for signage ...........

Also retired FD ...... non military. Welcome aboard ..... this is a great forum and community.

digitalwoodshop

Hello Everyone !!!!!

isag, I saw a bunch of your posts but I couldn't reply yet at the time. I am about 50 miles out of Scranton and 15 miles North of Milford near the Delaware River.

Should be an interesting year with all the new capabilities.

I have over 1400 posts at the carvewright dot com forum. Posted a bunch of pictures of what I do and can be found by using advance search and just put digitalwoodshop in and select posts started by me.

Here is a link to my "Gloat" of last Summer as I started doing Quilt Racks in V Carve. Lots of pictures and projects. Can I post a link like this?

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3767

I just looked through that 13 page thread and wow... lots of pictures. I give away my secret for Blue reflective vinyl covered PVC board and Solar LED lights for a V Carved Sign..... That got put on the back burner but will pop to the surface soon. Some pictures have been viewed 500 times.... WOW.

Doing the search gets pictures of my latest stuff too.

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5236 This one shows my Craft Show setup.

I don't see a spell check here..... That's like riding a bike without training wheels......

AL

Last edited:

Ken

Hi Al..welcome from BC.
Volunteer FF for about 16 years now.
I'd be interested to see the Fire Service items you find popular.
Cheers!
Ken

digitalwoodshop

Fire Items...

I posted some pictures in the photo area. Some are Sublimation and some Vinyl Stickers I am playing with. Sublimated Clear Plastic sheet with Red Text over Reflective White. That is what I want the FC7000 for, doing stickers then epoxie doming them.

The Sublimated Accountability Tags are used for qualification to enter a burning building. They are Fiber ReEnforced Plastic then dipped in Spar-Poly for durability.

Then there is a Craft Show picture of what the Carve Machine can do.

I am lucky that a local place called Signal1Fire is selling my stuff. I messed up her number on the stickers.

If off topic pictures like this are not allowed I will remove them.

AL

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from Reading................. once the 'Outlet Capital' of the world.... now the 'Murder Capital' of the country.............

digitalwoodshop

Things sure have changed since the 70's.... Now kids visiting Grandma in the vast Gated Communities have found a large untapped market for City Drugs...... They call it Free Enterprise....

AL