• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Northern California!

RC Woodworks

I have already jumped into the forum with questions! But I guess I should say hello and tell you a little about me! Where to start? Well I am medically retired from 15 years in law enforcement and for the last 5 years I have owned and operated my sign shop with my wife Cindy. Thus RC Woodworks I am Rick and wife Cindy! www.rcwoodworksonline.com

Until recently I have hand routed my signs. I try to attend 8-10 fairs a year and make signs in my home shop. I use reclaimed old growth redwood and quality finishing material. I recently started using CNC machine due to back problems and having back surgery last Oct. I bought a 4896 ShopBot and a K2 CNC 2514 for my portable shop. I tried the Sears Compucarve but I am not happy with it.

I live in Northern California in Susanville a very small town about 178 mile from Klamath Falls Oregon and 80 miles from Reno Nevada. We have great hunting and fishing here. Being a small town I get a fair amount of business, but I want to enhance my business with being to be able to offer vinyl letter signs. As it is the UPS store is the only business that offers vinyl signs.

I want to change that! So not knowing too much about what machine to buy I joined this forum! I hope to learn from all you experience sign makers!!!

That's about it without writting a book!

Rick