• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello From Northern California

trik

Hello all!! I have been posting a few replies here and there, but thought I should introduce myself. I have used these forums as a great resource, thank you all!!!!!!!

I have had a sign business since 2001, and just this past year moved it home due to the economy, found myself debating about certain marketing schemes, but felt our small town was just too over crowded with sign companies, and seeing a few go out of business as well. So I decided maybe it best to look for other work, and found a position in a new sign company an hour away, it has worked out great, as I have brought some of the more time consuming jobs from my customer base to my new location, not only am I paid my salary, but I make a commission on those. And I still have my business at home, just ran on a part time basis really.

I may not make the profit I once did, but I am content with what I do best and enjoy the most, graphic design! Running all the day to day functions and stress was really taking a toll, but I think I made the right decision, it is allowing me to pick what jobs i want to do at home (which are usually just the easy one...lol) And my new company i am working for loves it that i am bringing in some of my customer base, and his business model and marketing plan in these tough times seems to be working.

I look forward to getting to know you all, and again greatly appreciate all the knowledge here, and I hope I can return the favors to all from my experience!

Thanks - Keith aka trik :Cool 2:

iSign

thanks for the intro... nice arrangement with the new job. I hope the best for both you and your new employer.

trik

Does your new boss agree with this method? Welcome from mid Michigan.

Yes he has been very encouraging, probably because it was really his idea. And I have brought sevral jobs in, so I think he is very apprecitive.

I told him if he felt it ever became a problem to let me know. You have to realize, the last thing I want to do when I get home, is head out to the garage and make another sign..lol So my work at home is very limited in that aspect. Also I do web design and have a little over 20 sites on my hosting account to deal with, most are maintenance free, but web design is one thing I will continue to do.

:Cool 2: