• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Northern Ontario!

Boreal

Hi Everyone!
I will try to keep this short and sweet...

I am totally new to this business, jumped in blindfolded with absolutely no idea of what I was getting into!

Hubby and I left the city with no money but big dreams and guts. Being an avid amateur photographer, I had previous experience with Photoshop - everything self-taught, of course and spent countless hours playing around with Illustrator. He has the talent of building all kinds of stuff and was a helping hand to his buddy opening a sign shop few years back.

We merged together those skills, bought a printer in the summer of 2011 (only to learn the hard way it is an aqueous printer!!!:frustrated:) and then a plotter and just recently upgraded to a solvent printer! (No more heartburns caused by the stress of not knowing if I'd ever be able to deliver a job!) Quick detail, we had no internet for the first year of operation... There was no such thing as Googling stuff!

Being in a really, really small town, every job has been a new challenge. In over a year and a half in business, I haven't had 2 similar jobs to create!

Hubby and I just installed our first 16' billboard this morning. I'm now trying to figure out if I will be able to print double sided preferably waterproof maps with my ESX-500... BTW, anyone has a clue?!

Things I enjoy doing on my spare time.... Forget it, there is NO spare time! If I'm not in the shop (aka a re-purposed living room!), I'm out on the farm!

So that is it for a quick intro. I just want to conclude this by saying how proud I am to see how far we've come in such a short time but I'm overwhelmed to know how much we don't know!

That's why I joined this forum :)

Cheers!

genericname

Cheers from another Northern-Ontarian, born and raised. North Bay always struck me as a painful market to be in. Good to hear you've already survived through growing pains.