• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from NOVA

Ringo

Hello,
I'm new to the forum and the world of Signs. My background is in Sales, SEO and SEM. I joined because I'm interested in opening a sign business and have been talking to some franchises over the past month Signarama, FastSigns, SignWorld and SpeedPro. I'll be visiting Signarama Monday in FL. I hoping to get as much feedback as possible on the industry and begin my quest to learn about equipment, business strategies and best practices before jumping on board.

Thanks!

player

The way the franchise biz works is they persuade you into thinking you can make a living and they will be
there to support you. The reality is you are on your own in an industry you know nothing about competing with sign people that know the trade.

Search this forum and good luck.

Ringo

My main concern is what happens after i open up shop. i'm willing to go out there and sell, network and drive business back to the store. I just need to know that I'm getting the right support. I will be hiring a design person/sign maker, but as someone without knowledge of the industry. I'm hoping to go with a company (not necessarily a franchise) that can introduce me to a system that if followed diligently would lead to success. I'm willing to do the work and not looking to get rich quick. My goal is to build a sustainable business.
Can anyone recommend any good threads for newbies?

player

Good luck hiring experienced, trustworthy, diligent etc. sign shop employees who will run your business while you're out bringing in business. Say goodbye to your savings. You think the head office is going to run your business for you?

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from OK USA

:Welcome: to :signs101:

Good luck with the new venture. In order to do a good job of selling something, it is a good practice to know as much as you can about it. You have 2 strikes against you already. You don't have a good business plan and you don't know the industry well enough to sell it. If you were in my area I could tell you where to find help locally. Seek help with your local college and/or chamber of commerce. Business classes may help.

Saw Trax

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new venture - no matter which path you end up choosing!