• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Ohio

BTilly

Hi all
Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I am from Ohio and today we are having a pretty good snow storm. We have had 10 " of snow since last night and it is still snowing.

I am interested in making vinyl lettering for marine applications and window decals. I have no idea what equipment I need as far as cutters, programs even computer requirements go. I'm not in it to make a living but I would like to make it a self supporting hobby.

I don't want to drop a lot of money into it to start but don't want junk either. I was looking into a Creation PCUT 630 using Roland cut studio, Adobe Illustrator and Flexi Sign Pro. This is the equipment that someone I have purchased decals from uses and he had no problems with this set up.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Bob

Replicator

Welcome !

Illustrator and Flexi are fine, but I would recommend spending a little bit more and forget the PCut . . . !

cOrKinSA

Welcome from South Texas!
Why are you are gonna buy some hard hitting expensive software for a hobbie? I mean I know you dont wanna buy junk, but you don't wanna pay 4 or 5 G's for software either. Do you?

Letterbox Mike

Welcome back from Ohio. Whereabouts are you located in OH?

If you're in it as a hobby I'm not sure I'd be shelling out a few grand on Flexi... get something like CoCut and Corel Draw, would cost you well under a thousand and you'll be able to do all of the stuff you want to do.

You might also consider picking up a new or used Summa D60 plotter, it's going to be more than some others, although not obscene, and will give you trouble-free operation for many years.

BTilly

insignia...........I'm in Brunswick which is south of Cleveland.

Like I said earlier I have idea what I will need. I will look into all ideas.

Cadmn

this as a hobby really doesn't make sense,this as a business most times makes NO sense. :)you gonna cut lots of calvins & $5.00 decals so your gonna spend 4-5g's for equipment 8 years for ROI, on a hobby.

BTilly

Everyone says I am going to spend alot of money using the software I posted earlier. I'm not using that software. That is what someone else used and reccommended. I'm here to find out what my best options are for my application.