Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Oklahoma

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bobby H, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Bobby H

Bobby H Very Active Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    Hi Everyone,

I heard about the Signs101 forums from the Signweb site. There's quite a bit more activity here (and worthwhile discussion) than I see at that other site. Pretty cool.

Anyway, I work for a fairly large sign company in the southwestern part of OK. I might name it later once I can find the time to get the redesign of our website finished. Our shop has around 20 employees and close to 25,000 sq.ft. of manufacturing space. I'm the "senior designer" there, mainly working on large electrical sign design projects. One of the growing roles I have is helping customers develop content for electronic message centers (particularly the full color ones) along with training them how to use the things. We have a couple vinyl cutters, a 3D routing table, three computer workstations running Flexi (with one also running EnRoute3D). I use a ton of other software as well. I'm about to buy a new notebook computer and am eagerly awaiting the next version of the Adobe Studio Creative Suite.

I've been in the sign business since 1993, so its coming up on 12 years now. I worked in television for a couple years before that. My formal education is from School of Visual Arts, New York City (BFA degree).

Tags:
  2. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    How's it goin' Bobby!

George

3. Scott Reynolds

Scott Reynolds Active Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Hello there Oklahoma. Electronic message centers and computer workstations,,,, I thought Oklahoma only had Ford trucks and mule pulls, Anyhow, welcome to the 101. I am going to have some EnRoute 3D questions for you later on, got a deal going on a 4x8 rounter. Scott

Attached Files:

4. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Hi Bobby and welcome to Signs 101.

I love your signature slogan. :Cool 2:

5. THATgirl

THATgirl Very Active Member

Sep 16, 2003
    Hi Bobby....sounds like you have a pretty fun job!

6. jimdes

jimdes Active Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Nice to meet you Bobby, welcome.

7. Dennis Raap

Dennis Raap Active Member

Oct 5, 2003
    USA
    Hi Bobby welcome.

8. Jon Aston

Jon Aston Very Active Member

Mar 4, 2004
    Ooooohhhhhhhhhhh - 'klahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain...

I love singing that. Drives my wife crazy :)

Welcome Bobby.