• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from PA

solock

Hello to Signs101 from PA!

What a wonderful forum, so informative and "open".
It's encouraging to see so many open and frank discussions regarding technical and business issues, as well as the "defending the trade" threads. You all have something worth defending from the fly by night folks looking to give their work away and placing no value on their trade.

I am the past president of DIMA, the Digital Imaging and Marketing division of PMA, the Photo Marketing Association. DIMA is the cutting edge and training component of PMA. PMA in its entirety represents the photo and imaging industry from photographer to retailer to lab.

I work for what calls itself a camera store in the Lehigh Valley PA area. Camera store in the CAMERA STORE sense. We are 65 employees and are full service camera store, full custom frame shop, full silver halide lab up to 12x36" , press printing for business products and bound books, and wideformat for photo, tradeshow, bannerstand, and canvas.

We print aqueous wideformat on an HP 24" Z3200 and Z3100, a 44" Z3100, a 44" Epson 9600. We recently retired our 9 year old epson 10000. And what brought me to signs101 was our newest addition being an Epson GS6000. We expect the GS6000 next week and are pretty excited!

We are bringing in the GS6000 to primarily do two products, our trade show banner stands, and our stretched and/or gallery wrapped canvas products are being done on an HP Z3?00 printer and sprayed for protection. We are moving to cut some of the time and labor by not spraying, lower cost of operation and wider output.

The GS6000 has in our testings achieved photographic quality that rivals our Z3100, and that printer made the best aqueous canvas prints in our opinion.

We've tested and owned canon, epson and HP, in the aqueous world, and now we step off into the solvent world with the GS6000.

Thanks for all the information, you have a great community here, and I am glad to be part of it.

Steve Olock

Director of Technology, R&D

Dans Camera City

Tim Aucoin

Great introduction Steve... sounds like you have a great set-up there! Have fun with your new toy! :thumb:
Welcome from Calgary, Alberta!

TheSellOut

Welcome!...Where abouts in Lehigh Valley? My shop is in Athens PA, right on the NY border!

SlapAKiss...I feel left out!

TheSellOut

Steve, I just found you down Around the Allentown area! The Lehigh Valley streches
a long way!! Good luck with the GS9600, I am looking at a VersaArt