• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from PA

Nitsuj

So whats the complimentary business?

And welcome aboard.

Thanks! The other business is online sales of motorcycle road racing parts and gear. Since racers use graphics on their bikes, trailers, team banners etc, I thought it might fit. We shall see.

Thanks for the welcome!

Jillbeans

I'm in Butler too, an established sign shop since 1985.
I can even paint signs.
Don't expect to make much money.
The market is totally saturated here.
Learn proper pricing structure if at all possible so you don't do further damage in my neck of the woods.
You make the third new "sign shop" I've heard of in the past six months.

Nitsuj

I'm in Butler too, an established sign shop since 1985.
I can even paint signs.
Don't expect to make much money.
The market is totally saturated here.
Learn proper pricing structure if at all possible so you don't do further damage in my neck of the woods.
You make the third new "sign shop" I've heard of in the past six months.

Hello Jill. Yes, this is a pretty saturated market for sign shops. I'm aware of your "sign shop" and the others in the area. But I'm not a sign shop and have no intention of becoming one. My business is entirely online. I won't be bidding against you for any jobs and I don't think I'll be doing any damage to the local market. It's doubtful that anyone in the local market will ever hear about me. I'm not looking to make my living with my vinyl cutter. It's already paid for itself, so anything more than that is just gravy. At best, it's a supplemental service I can offer to my online customers.

Jillbeans

OK good.
I am just so sick of these fly-by-night start up places that come and go, leaving only a bad memory. I am trying to do more designing as I get older. There is just no money in signs around here. If you want a good sandwich, stop in sometime at Porky's I got a real job there two weeks ago.
:)

Nitsuj

I don't think you'll have any trouble out of me starting up and causing problems. I don't do signs and don't want to. And I'm no artist or designer. Race numbers for bikes, and race team banners are about it for me. And I don't have a brick and mortar place to deal with locals, I'm strictly web. My last 2 jobs were a banner for a rally race team in upstate NY and a boat name for one of my racing customers in Pheonix AZ. I'm not in the phone book and my company name doesn't give any indication that I do signs or graphics.

Thanks for the reccomendation on Porkys. I keep meaning to stop there for lunch. I stop at Dinos from time to time, and the hardwood. I'm in that area daily.