• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from PVC Signs

pvcsigns

My name is Al, and I run PVC Signs and Northstar Signs & Neon, Inc. out here on Long Island, just about midway between The Big Apple and Montauk Point.
We are new to this site but not new to the Sign Biz.
Northstar Signs has been around for 12 years and PVC Signs is going to on 4.

I on the other hand started dabbling in the graphic arts around 14 doing oil paintings, mostly landscapes and wildlife. Fine arts are a tough game so I moved to the commercial side. Worked as a graphic designer and marketing assitant for WUI in the early to mid 70's, then went freelance working for individual clients and ad agencies in Manhattan.
My Clients needed printing so I hooked up with one of my prinitng friends and added Print Broker to my "shingle". I managed to get some decent accounts, NY Stock Exchange, Southern Pacific, and even did a little work for one of Mohamed Ali's Foundations.
We bought some equipment and started printing the smaller jobs ourselves under the name of Image Promotions, Inc. Rents in Manhattan went throughthe roof so we moved the operation out to Long Island.

With the addition of a storefront, along came the clients looking for smaller Runs, (ONE or TWO) Thats not printing, at least not offset printing,.
So we started Screen Printing. and Screen Printing led to Signs.

Little signs led to big signs and here we are, 37 years later and still at it.

Northstar Signs specializes in high end Aluminum Fabrication, Architectural and Commercial Signage. PVC Signs specializes in Carved PVC and HDU Signs.

Both companies have done Trade work since they started and in addtion to our retail clients we have a nice network of Sign Shops.

Fee Free to visit or websites at www.pvcsigns.com and www.northstarsigns.com. Pardon the glitches as we ar currently working on adding and modifying both sites with a full makeover in the works for Northstar Signs.

I don't have all the answers but I have managed to buld up a pretty good bag of tricks so fee free to email.

Through Knowledge We Grow. Through Unity We Prosper!