• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Southeastern Pa

hoppers

Hi everyone,

Im new here and found the board through some googling. Looking to buy my first VersaCamm (been doing layout and graphics for about 5 years now) and slowly do some side business until I can move on from the FT job.

Only been on s101 for about 2 weeks and already have read so much great info from everyone. A lot of you are seasoned veterns, but I guess this is a good place for someone like me to start out I hope.

So any tips for someone starting out? Besides "get ready to drop a lot more money and become 'one' with your printer" :) I am surrounded by Fast signs, Kinkos and other sign shops - Im not looking to compete with them, but to find niches they aren't in fully. And I'm not saying - I got meself a VersaCamm, now what should I sell from it....I have ideas of my own that I think will work, just wondering of any past lessons learned etc.

Happy New Year and wish all of you the best in business in 2008,

-Matt

Air Art Girl

welcome from the Pacific NW.
Know what your competitors do and know what their prices are. Find a niche they don't service. You might want to join the local Chamber of Commerce and start talking with other business owners to get some work. Word of mouth spreads fast both good and bad so be picky about what you let out the door. Good Luck

SignosaurusRex

Welcome aboard! Whats with PA.? More damn sign folks than Carter's got pills.......or peanuts.....depending on your age.

OldPaint

Welcome aboard! Whats with PA.? More damn sign folks than Carter's got pills.......or peanuts.....depending on your age.
well since the steel mills and coal mines have shut down.....no other industry.....)))))))
me i just MOVED to FLORIDA!!!!!!!!