• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Southern California

TheDude

Hello everyone,

I have lurked around a little bit and pulled up some excellent info on these forums via Google search, and now that I am becoming more involved I figured its time to register and say Hi!

I am new to the sign industry, but not to the art world. Growing up both of my parents were (and still are) art fanatics. The technology they used was old school by modern standards, chemical baths for film negatives, photo enlargers, drafting tables and such. But my Dad got me into digital imaging, he always installed his latest copy of Photoshop on my computer when I was a kid and so I have been using photoshop since ver. 4.0, windows 95 days (I didnt know what to do with it but it was fun to play with).

I have been doing well for myself in the corportate world, but I would very much like to transition to self employment. I purchased my first (sort of) large format printer last fall, in the form of a HP Z3200, and thus got my feet wet with digital printing. My research on printing took me all over and opened this new world to me, and so here I am now.

So, Hi!

-TheDude

drhhgraphics

Hello Dude,

Welcome to signs101. I am relatively new also. My company doesn't not print we install(wraps, walls, windows ect.) but I always like keeping up with what is new in the industry. If you are ever looking for some help with your installation. Look us up being that we are in the same area.

Have a good day!
Heather

drhhgraphics.com

TheDude

Hello Dude,

Welcome to signs101. I am relatively new also. My company doesn't not print we install(wraps, walls, windows ect.) but I always like keeping up with what is new in the industry. If you are ever looking for some help with your installation. Look us up being that we are in the same area.

Have a good day!
Heather

drhhgraphics.com

Hi!

I'm glad to have you guys as a contact, always good to know an installer. I tried bringing up San Diego on 3Ms site and was surprised to see no representation at all :noway:

I was just cruising down the 405 a couple days ago, Ill stop by and say Hi next time.