• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Southern Illinois!

SoIllsignman

Hey guys!

I have recently started working at a sign shop here in Southern Illinois. I plan on starting my own business here soon but right now I believe God has put me in this shop to learn some stuff. It is way in the hole and I am trying to pull it out of the slump it is in.

It has an old Ioline plotter that is running on windows 98! The program it is using is Letter Art 9.44. I have been using Illustrator (I brought my computer from home) and then transfer my work to the 98 box and then cut.

I am looking forward to hitting the battlefield with you guys!

-So Ill signguy

Jackpine

Welcome to the group. "LetterArt", first sign cutting program I bought. Glad I don't have it anymore. I traded UP to Signlab and NEVER regretted it. They, LetterArt ,sold their fonts for $100 each.

Shovelhead

Recently started to work for someone and already starting your own
business...you're a very fast learner...took most people here years
to learn the trade!!!....classic

Signguyno1

Welcome from Massachusetts.

You say you work for a sign shop, hope it is a full service shop and not just a vinyl shop. Working for a full service shop will allow you to actually learn what it takes to produce all facets required of the sign industry, not just a peel and stick outlook. Serve an apprenticeship and your future will be much better for the time spent.:Welcome: