• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello From Streator IL

streator scott

Hi my name is scott. Im starting a small sign shop. Im sure its a worn out question but Im looking for a vinyl cutter. Ive priced some online. Any info about UScutters, SignGo, and Procut would be nice. Im not familiar with these brands.

I was also curious about the Flexi cutters. Particularly the Flexi 36" for MAC.

Im glad Signs 101 is around. Im kinda in on my own here.

Thanks
Scott

Doug Pulver

Hello Scott and Welcome, from Florida. Stay with the popular cutters Roland, Summa or Graphtec. You'll be glad you did, parts, supplies and support.

Last edited:

CrabbyOldGuy

Welcome and congratulations! I cannot belive you made it a whole day without someone attacking you because you mentioned the cheap Chinese cutters to start a business with. We must be mellowing with age. Spend the money for quality to start with. There are many threads here discussing the merits of different brands of plotters and software. Just do a search and get some coffee, you'll be here a while. By the way, good luck.

Jackpine

Welcome to the group.
Graphtec CE series is a very good start for a quality cutter. It comes with a cut utility for Corel and Illustrator. Corel is a good design software with a big bang for the buck. There are a lot of cutting programs that will serve you well like CoCut or Signlab. Do your homework and then make your choice. Stay away from the US cutters if you mean to become a professional. Quality tools don't cost, they earn you money.