• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Tampa

David

I am brand new to sign-making. Just bought a Seiki plotter and am trying to figure it out. I own a car lot, among other businesses, and figure to use the plotter a lot. I'm running SignCutX2 and have found that their tutorials are confusing, not to mention thin, for a beginner. Are there any instruction manuals or CDs that can help me cut to the chase? I'm going by trail and error right now and trying not to blow through rolls of vinyl. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks, Dave.

WVB

From your profile it just states work as location... With that being said are you referring to Tampa, FL? I lived there since I was 3 and moved to TX 8 years ago. Last time I was there was to visit friends/family 2 years ago. I was actually going to TC Choys to eat (You need to go there if you have not yet) and I couldn't believe all the Fast Signs around.. Seemed like there was one on every corner...

Welcome to S101 btw..!

David

Thanks for the Welcome

I'm in Tampa, Fl and have been to TC Choys. Yum-Yum. I'm trying to figure out SignCutX2. Any hints? david.

MobileImpact

Not familiar with the software, but welcome to the game.

Not trying to a wise a$$, but are you going to be making signs for customers, or just using what you make on the car lot?

Why is it every business in the world feels they can spend a couple dollars and get in the "sign business" to save some money? Guess I'm gonna go to the auction and buy some cars cheap and sell them over priced and make a killing, not to supplement my income, but to justify my vinyl cutter and keep it busy.

Oh hell, sorry to blast you, welcome and I wish you much success.

Kevin

signrios

welcome from Texas, i used to live in Plant City a few years ago.
went to party at ybor city once in while.