• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from the Beerman

Shovelhead

Yet another instance of money being taken from the local sign guy.
The local distributor here produced god-awful banners for the bars
that I already handle. Stuff that I could be doing...better!

BoogerB

I guess its not too hard to figure out I work in-house for an A-B distributor (along with many other specialty brands now).
Well Shovelhead, I'll have to post some pictures of my work, hopefully you'll be impressed.
There are quite a few sign shops around here, though I haven't seen any that print/design for our accounts. To farm the work out to guys such as yourself the cost would be outrageous and limit our abilities to get signs up in the market in a last minute rush if needed.
I've seen some other distributors who use cut vinyl on jack ripper banners, etc, that look like junk, but we do not do that. Most everything is done off of the HPs with a select few things being cut vinyl.

skyhigh

There are quite a few sign shops around here, though I haven't seen any that print/design for our accounts. To farm the work out to guys such as yourself the cost would be outrageous and limit our abilities to get signs up in the market in a last minute rush if needed.
I can maybe understand the promotional signs, posters & banners....but how about everything else you fellas do with the fancy equipment "Bud" buys you?

1)The gawd awful 4'x16' coro signs the bars around here are using for their main building signage.
2) vehicle lettering
3) your buddy thats in the landscaping business, you've helped out with some magnetics, ect....

Nothing personal against you booger. Maybe thats not the way you operate, and maybe your designs are better that the crap they put up around here.

anyways..... welcome to the group. :thumb:

BoogerB

I can maybe understand the promotional signs, posters & banners....but how about everything else you fellas do with the fancy equipment "Bud" buys you?

1)The gawd awful 4'x16' coro signs the bars around here are using for their main building signage.
2) vehicle lettering
3) your buddy thats in the landscaping business, you've helped out with some magnetics, ect....

Nothing personal against you booger. Maybe thats not the way you operate, and maybe your designs are better that the crap they put up around here.

anyways..... welcome to the group. :thumb:
We don't make outdoor signs for bars, Texas alcohol laws prohibit outdoor signs (in all but one or two very limited licenses types)
Vehicle lettering is farmed out. Our company logo was just redesigned and the vinyl lettering/logo was cut and installed by another company. In less than a year its already shrinking and peeling.... quality work... :rolleyes:
Most truck graphics that cover our trailers, etc are sourced through AB as far as I know...
And I don't make/cut anything for friends. I could, but I'm not paid for that and I'd rather keep my job than loose it making some little sign for a friend's business.

I've seen and met with many other AB sign guys across the country and I'll agree, most stuff that isn't sourced direct from AB is junk. So I see where yall are coming from in the comments.... I'll just have to prove those wrong.

MVIP

Doesn't have to be a bad thing! I have a great relationship with our A-B dist here. Sure he does his thing, but he also throws me some work too.

I don't want the lowball stuff they're doing, nor do they want the work I'm doing.
-matt

Shovelhead

"So I see where yall are coming from in the comments.... I'll just have to prove those wrong".

You sound like a decent fellow Booger!

BoogerB

Seems like I have a few of yall in here now... I'm curious (recent job I finished) what would 1000' of 3'x5' full color banners run from one of yall? lets say a cheap (not bond) but matte 8mil polypropylene thats water resistant (or non, doesn't matter).