• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from the UK!

kingkongsfinger

Hi Guys

I started up a large format business around 3 years ago,looking to upgrade my epson 9890 for a solvent based machine and 64 inch width so will be asking questions and welcome your knowledge and advice

So far ive been to see a mutoh valuejet 1624 and a roland versaexpress RF-64,id like to see a mimaki next.

So far they seem to offer pretty much the same thing, the mutoh seemed to have faster print speeds available but is a fair amount more money than the roland,

Ive heard mutoh dont have as good a reputation as mimaki or roland?

Regards

Daryl

thesignexpert

Welcome from Ohio :Welcome:

In my opinion, for what its worth, all of your common brands have their pros & cons. I personally have been partial to the Mimaki equipment and the HP Latex line. I believe your most important criteria should be the level of support & service you can get locally. Having a good tech, knowledgeable IT etc. in your town will be a lot more useful in the long run for you.