• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from upstate New York

prime signs

Hi everyone. My name is Bob and I have been in the sign business since 1987. Started out strickly hand lettering and painting. Later bought a gerber 4B vinyl cutter and then a Gerber sprint plotter. Today I run a roland printer and graphtec cutter. You can check out a sample of my work in the albumn on my profile. Looking foward to sharing some of what I have learned and picking up some tips & tricks from others.:smile:

Jillbeans

Welcome from PA.
Your story sounds very similar to mine, except I started in 85 and still use a brush now and then and I don't print stuff. But I had the 4B till last year and now I use a Graphtec.
Love.....Jill.

geb

Hi Bob, I've seen your work, it is first class. Airbrush work on Poole Painting vehicle was amazing.

George

prime signs

Welcome from PA.
Your story sounds very similar to mine, except I started in 85 and still use a brush now and then and I don't print stuff. But I had the 4B till last year and now I use a Graphtec.
Love.....Jill.

Jill,
I had a hard time making the transition from strickly vinyl cutting to digital printing. I was farming out my prints and I put all my eggs in one basket. Then the printing company went out of business and there I was stuck with no way to take care of my print customers. So I took the step and bought a 30" roland. 5 years later it is the backbone of my business and I only wish I had bought a larger one. So what I am trying to say is If you make the step I don't think you would ever regret it.

prime signs

Hi Bob, I've seen your work, it is first class. Airbrush work on Poole Painting vehicle was amazing.

George

George,
Thanks for the great compliment. You have me thinking of posting a series of step by step pic's of that job. I was told recently that Mr. Poole no longer owns the truck. Where abouts are you located?

Jillbeans

I can't get your link to work.
:(
(and if I do need a print I just outsource it, that way I don't have to buy equipment or learn how to use it! I'm old and lazy)

Marlene

:Welcome:for 1/2 east, then up the road then east again:Big Laugh

You can check out a sample of my work in the albumn on my profile.

I checked it out and your work looks very nice!