• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Wyoming

Temujin

Just 4 months ago I never even thought about a career in sign making, and as of 3 days ago I am now managing a sign shop. I moved here 4 months ago, the job I had lined up (as a masonry laborer) fell through. So I got a job here at a sign shop. Then my manager (just two of us here full time) found another job. Since this is a small town of just 5000 I am more qualified then anyone else the owners of the company could find. I know I still have plenty to learn.

We mostly deal with highway and construction signs. They pay very well, but man they are a creativity killer. We also do some commercial and residential signs, along with billboards and car graphics. Right now we just have a vinyl cutter, but it takes care of everything we need.

So far I am quite impressed with this community here (butt-kissing alert!). Seems like a nice group of individuals, quite helpful and friendly. I look forward to wasting my slow times here.

P.S. Why isn't Brush Script one of the fonts we can select for these forums. That's my favorite! :biggrin:

Temujin

Thanks for the warm welcome. Nice to see another Wyomin' here. When I moved here to Worland from Rapid City people back there would always have to point out how windy it could get in this state. I always told them "Worland isn't that windy, Gillette is where all the wind is at." I'm sure makes installation's over there quite a bit of fun.

D

Digitall

Welcome, when I lived in Wyoming for 12 years(Laramie,Cheyenne) they told me it was always so windy because Montana blows and South Dakota sucks.LOL. I love that area, Sturgis is the Best!!