• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello! & Help with sp-300!

FrankieTeardrop

Howdy from Oklahoma! I used to go to PrintingDigital.net but they up & left me:doh:Then I found this site :thumb: I'm having some issues with my sp-300. My yellow ran dry w/o letting me know so it created a vacume & sucked magenta throught the line. I was advised from a tech to use my syringe & suck the magenta out & then attach the yellow cart & prime the yellow line. The problem is I can't get the yellow to stay down. When I pull it to the damper it sucks back in before I can get it together. Hmmm, after writing this I think I figured it out... Should I take the yellow cartridge back out to relive the pressure??? Thanks again, this forum looks like a wealth of knowledge & I'm glad I found it!

Pull from the CAP hose! This is easier and works best...if you get air bubbles in your syringe then you have an air leak (bad damper, oring, cap station, etc...) Welcome !

FrankieTeardrop

Thanks! Yeah, I figured that out yesterday but is there a way of doing it without wasting a bunch of magenta? I also think I messed up my yellow damper so I ordered in another one & should get it today. I'll mess with it again after that & hopefully not have to call the tech guy $$$

FrankieTeardrop

Just a follow up. I replaced my yell damper & used the syringe & after a couple of cleanings I'm back to printing. I also have an issue with my black print head. I've seen this problem posted a few times. Just the black head is sloppy with fuzzy lines & poor quality. The test print hows a jagged & staggered pattern. I reckon that's a problem for another post though...
Thanks!

Sounds like you "may" have damaged a head, the black is usually the first to go as it's the first head to the media. If it doesn't clean up, chances are you have to replace the head ($895 for the head alone). FYI - there is NO pressure in from the cartridges to the heads...only gravity fed.

FrankieTeardrop

Thanks for the info! Yep, I've known the sad truth that I'll probably have to suck it up & buy a new print head. It seems from searching that others have the same problem but I just don't know if gently forcing solvent through the head will actually fix anyting & I don't wanna try unless I have a back up so either way it looks as though I'll have to pony up the dough.

veloxgraphics

Do a head soak in solvant. My NEW black head was doing the same thing and my dealer that put it in refused to answer the phone, and roland was of no help getting anything done... so with jobs to print i used some tricks from these forums to get it going. Using a tek-swab and solvant, i "massaged" the black head and it cleared up all the crap and any particulants that were deflecting nozzles. Prints like new again.

I would soak the head like netfryer is referring to and if for some reason cleaning and soaking the head doesnt clear up the deflection and depending on the age of the head the nozzles could be warn out. One thing I will tell you is that the head doesnt cost 895 like pacific coast refers too... I can get them new for around 500 I am a certified technican and do this type of work all the time I am located in Tulsa if you need any help just call me 918-282-2857. 1 more thing your printer is a four color machine with 2 heads it splits 2 color channels per head if you soak for too long you will end up with color contamination the 2 colors mixing. So be careful.

guillermo

well the retail price for the heads is around $895.00 (you are correct Pacific Coast), and you can get way cheaper than $500.00 but....... overseas......:signs101: