• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hello, I have a jv3-75 sp2 with problems - can you help?

thesignworks

hello, I purchase a jv3 75 sp2 non working, seller said head error

1. removed heads, black had popped, cyan ok-tad blocked - I popped that, mag was scratched and yellow was good
bought an epson 10600 for the heads, fitted new solvent caps, fitted to machine, entered the correct rank numbers
2. bought refill carts, reset chips fitted

when I switch on, it asked what ink type, I enter ss2 as the ink chips are ss2 and it fills the ink, the lines were a bit clogged to heads and the caps and pump lines, the previous owner had two head caps in the wrong way -fixed that, I switched the feeds to the pumps at the unions from the capping station and I have ink in the caps.... first question

the top pump, which colour left and right - also the lower one, as I have forgotten?

second question, why when I switch on does it automatically go to fill mode/ask which ink type?

thirdly - this is the main question, I don't think I am getting any power at all to the head, as as soon as it finishes filling with ink, the head goes left enough to come out of the head park sensor and I get error 07 and ALL the heads are ********

with this I checked the hi-lo sensor and that doesn't work, as doesn't the cutter nor the media detector sensor.

I have the print head riibon/ flat cable numbers correct on the slider, and they go 2-1 2-1 2-1 2-1 from the left to right, they were not correct when I looked
i removed them all and ipa'd them

the 5 main flat cables are in the slider board nicely - I assume.

what is my next task? - do I need to look at a board, I havn't as yet, only had the pump panel off

last question, how much ink needs to be in the 4 capping station reservoirs' and does the ink get pumped back up into them, and if so how does the machine detect the ink in them? how often - seeing as the machine does not work, should I switch it on and pump my ink away simply to keep the heads from drying out............................going back to 'obvioSLY why the previous owner flogged it

artbot

many questions... first most important one, when you say you ipa'd them. what does that mean. and did you turn on your machine with all the ribbon cables in inverted positions? if so, the error 07 all the way across may mean you fried your slider board (at best) possibly heads. slider boards can be repaired for $200.

thesignworks

hello

hello.
i cleaned the ribbons with isopropyl. The previous owner had the ribbons fitted, but maybe correct or not, the numbers on the slider 8/9 10/11 12/13 14/15 were all muddled up

I didn't turn it on, simply removed the head, fitted the heads, put empty refill carts and chips in, switched it on - no media sensed 800mm
got a head error 07 - thought all the empty heads were over heating so filled with ink - stupidly should have left everything clean and realised the fault to head carriage, done the maintenance mode and checked the sensors.
thought it was going to just work as the previous owner said it was just heads.........

so, are you saying buy a slider board? is there a visual check for elctrical component failure? or a testing precedure to follow?

another 09 3v-35v ? error did flash up once - at least I think thats what it was 'breif' not re-occuring - is that board transistors? the big things on the heat sink?

and/or are the cutter, media sensor and hi-lo sensor on the same ribbon/flat cable to the heads for power 'on' the board itself

the thing is I have never owned one before so am a tad green on all counts

i.e. is there some way of knowing whats what in the test mode?

artbot

search this board for the words "data swap" to learn about isolating issues at the head (error 07) vs the carraige/slider board.

also, do you have a service manual (different from the owners manual)? pm me your email address and i will send you one.

thesignworks

hello

i have a service manual for a 3 head 160 - but I cannot find a specific jv3 75-sp2 service manual anywhere.
YOU'RE inbox is full

/\ what I mean is everytime I switch it on, it asks what type of ink, I scroll to ss2 then it starts to fill, then when finishes, moves lefts and flashes error 07 on all heads
I have done this 5 times now, does the machine sense ink at the head? as i am pumping it away.
p.s. can i have 4 catch cans beneath the lines and re-use the ink

when you mean data swap, do you mean swapping the dx4 21 pin flat cables to the adjacent head? as I I have 8 *'s
******** so no heads at all are working- nothing on ethe main head carriage electronical.

do you mean swapping the 5 main cables to the board from slider to see if I have a broken ribbon/flat cable?
as that makes sense, but which slot on the slider powers the sensors

i did just notice the head main cables chain had a link pop out, didn't notice that before

p.s. does a dx6 solvent damper happen to fit a dx4 manifold? as you could use the stock solvent damper and its 2 into one channel, o - rings nut and line straight to the cart? - weirdly i have a dx6 damper and a dx4 head cap - they do not fit, shame as it was close, could take one line out from the two...

Last edited:

thesignworks

hello

still can't send you a p.m.

Should I take the heads out and clean then
do I need them in to tesy the connection from main board to slider

Matt-Tastic

If you've checked all 4 heads and ribbon cables, just replace the slider board with a new one. You could still have bad ribbon cables, but the thought that you've fried all 4 heads or all 8 ribbon cables are bad exactly the same way seems doubtful. Go with the common denominator, and swap out the slider board. if you still have the exact same error on all 8 ribbon cables, you could try to replace those, but it could be a mainboard error at that point.

the reason it keeps asking for the initial ink fill is because when it tried to fire the heads initially, it is getting the head 07 error, and you have to shut down the machine. Thus, you never finish the initial ink fill, and it asks for it again. You can change the value in the parameter settings (its under running parameter, maybe #127, set FILUP from whatever it is to the other value. I think it's 0 or 3 as the 2 values you can set). That will simply bypass the ink waste from refilling every time, but won't help your board issues.

Once you swap the slider, you can determine if there are other issues there. If it was 1 or 2 heads with errors, I would try to troubleshoot the heads and ribbons like Artbot said. but with all 8, just swap the slider and start from there. Also, check the connections on your 5 trailing cables to the main board. it may be a simple issue there as well (bad connection from main to slider, slider can't talk right, head error). It's rare, but possible.

thesignworks

hello

are there supposed to be any lights on the slider board illumminated?

as if i remove the 5 main cables its the same

IMG-20131220-00137_zps320d40c4.jpg

have lights on the boards

so buy a slider board

can you just verify - if the slider 'was' good, and the board bad - would it be bad on just one head?
i.e. would the hi-lo sensor, cut off and paper sensor on head still function.
is the slider total loss, nothing working on it at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bstreet

Had a customer call me with the same error 07 and issue you were having in that regard. we replaced long ribbon and short ribbon cables and had no luck. Then replaced the slider pcb and it resolved the issue. Sounds like that is the culprit.

thesignworks

great

great

-whats not so great is that I just removed the slider, 2000 wet and dried the contacts, sliced with a scalpel .5mm from the ends of the 5 main cables, re-inserted them so I could physically see the contacts were not being pushed out, did the asme with the 8 small head cables, put it all back together and still the sam,
NOTE
when in maintenance mode - to avoid the fill up each time.
everything is the common error 30 then it goes to initialise and its a different error
09 HDC
then it won't even let me return to the maintenance mode.

I shall purchase a new slider pcb and see, again - is anything supposed to light up on the slider?