• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello ONYX mgt = help me out I am in a right pickle..........newby

thesignworks

Hello ONYX mgt,
trying contour cut..........
have v11 rip centre.
summa d60 with opos

it has let me contour cut the sample file with the frogs

it won't let m add a new quick set as per the you tube vids

Idon't know wha I am doing with regards th 100 percent magenta outline - isit supposed tb cyan?

thesignworks

hello

hello mr. Hill,
am i supposed to sync corel x5 or cs2 illuistrtor to onyx

in a you tube video there seems to be a cut contour colourset on the palletsdo I need o dtha

J Hill Designs

you can CREATE a spot color in either program - when you export (to eps usually) make sure that spot colors are NOT being converted to process

you dont really 'synch' the two programs

-design
-export
-import to RIP
-print

thesignworks

hello

well, I have found the cut contour in the colour swatch
roland versa works
in the spot colour section
now whenI import it intoonyx, I isn't in the preview - so that is good
I can't however open the file in onyx cut server - like with the sample

Chasez

They way I do it, is in Illustrator (CS6) create my file of what I want to print, then create my cut line on a separate layer, I create a new colour swatch; name it CutContour (which you can change [in onyx] to whatever you want) and make sure it is set as a spot colour, and the actual colour of the swatch doesn't matter ( I usually make it a bright pink so I can distinguish it from the rest of the print). Save and the open in Onyx (10), in pre-flight you shouldn't see the CutContour colour, make sure that you have the correct plotter selected and hit submit. Print the job, then open cut-server and match the OPUS numbers and hit cut...

fairly simple once you get a hang of it.

Chaz

ONYX Mgt

The best thing to do is contact ArtSystems at (0115) 9380 350 in the UK. They are our UK distributor, have extensive knowledge on ONYX, and can assist you with this issue. I will advise them you will be calling.

Or call our EU Tech Support Center.

Hours: 9:00 – 18:00 CET
Phone: +31 10 4510300
Email: emeasupport@onyxgfx.com

Good luck.