• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello there

Chuck Peterson

Hi, my name is Chuck Peterson. I am now semi-retired (until I think of a better term for it, I'm only 53) after 22 years making signs on my own. I started out working in the paint dept at Cal Neon in San Diego back in the 70's paintin Jack in the Box clown heads and stuff. Then I wandered lost in jobs I hated for a few years until 1983 I started painting signs on my own. I spent the last 15 years or so in Cardiff by the Sea, California. This past January I sold my home and business there and now live in Prescott, Arizona. I got a Gerber 4B, which I still have, in the late 80's, got an Edge around '97. Did lots of sandblated signs, vehicle lettering etc. I started developing an allrgy to most paint fumes in the early 90s and had to quit using 1 shot, etc. I actually discovered a lot of materials and techniques I never would have had I not been forced to. I have every issue of SignCraft since the beginning in 1980 when I was starting to teach myself to letter. It was pretty cool to read about myself in there a couple of times, even though I know my work is not in the same league as some of you. Today I am playing around with making unique painted wood tables, chairs and whatever else I dream up. I'm just taking baby steps at this point, but hope to use most of the techniques I learned in my years in the sign trade, and still do a sign now and then.
I also enjoy travel. Been to Ireland a couple times in the last 3 years and all over the western U.S. these past few months. I look forward to gaining some knowlege here and sharing what I can.
Chuck

THATgirl

Hi Chuck! My buddy Bob Burns lives in Prescott. He is an old signpainter who has hung out with the best thru the years. Maybe you have met him? anyways...Welcome to signs101

geb

Nice to meet you Chuck and look forward to your posts and experiences in the profession.

George

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from PA. You stumbled onto the next best thing since 'SignCraft' magazines.

:Oops: should I not have mentioned the 'other guys' ??

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome Chuck

:Welcome:to :signs101: From Arkansas :Coffee:
Hey Chuck! I'm 53 too :thumb: I used to live in Tucson back in the 70's. I don't miss the dry heat. I was a welder in Tucson with nothing but swamp coolers. :rolleyes: