Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello to all from a Northern Michigan Newbie!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Vyper Graphics, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Vyper Graphics

Vyper Graphics New Member

Oct 11, 2012
    As the title states, Hello to all! I'm a new sign shop owner, we just purchased our equipment in December of '11, and I have thus far learned more ways to screw up vinyl than to do it right! :banghead: We jumped into this with NO experience at all, just a dream and a lot of debt! I am self taught, having gotten more help than I can thank RJ for, who brought me to where I am today.

I am totally ignorant in this industry, but I am trying to find my way around. Somehow I have gotten through learning how to operate the programs, printer, plotter, and laminator, but I still screw up WAY to much material to be profitable. :Oops:

What I have discovered though, is that I am doing what I am being told is some of the best work people have seen, which means that if I can figure this stuff out I may be able to actually feed the kids! I own about every product Aurora Graphics made, and only know to use the rudimentary functions of Photoshop, have NO clue about illustrator, and can only use Flexi 10 to print. Yeah, pretty sad, I know...

My goal is to produce awesome graphics for banners, decals, and signs, but to specialize in wraps. I just started my first wrap job, an 1850 Crestliner, and have done the printing and laminating, with the install happening this weekend.

I will apologize in advance for the numerous questions I will have, and thank people in advance for any help and or advice they see fit to extend my way.

Other than that, I am an avid, outgoing outdoors person, and instead of growing old gracefully, old age is going to have to drag me kicking and screaming to the grave, leaving claw marks in the floor as I go!

Thank you for allowing me to be part of your forum!

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    welcome from cali :thumb:

3. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Welcome from PA................................

4. Blaney

Blaney Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Springfield Illinois
    Welcome from Illinois.

5. WestbankKurt

WestbankKurt Member

Jul 1, 2009
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Welcome

Welcome from New Orleans, good luck on your install this weekend!

6. SignBurst PCs

SignBurst PCs Very Active Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Utah
    Welcome to the forum from out west!

If you ever need anything computer related, please let me know. We are a Merchant member here and cater to the sign and vehicle wrap industry.

7. Bill Modzel

Bill Modzel Active Member

welcome from Traverse City!

8. Kevin-shopVOX

Kevin-shopVOX Active Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Maine
    Welcome from Maine and signVOX

9. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

Welcome from OK

10. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Welcome from a former Yooper now stuck in WI.:Cool 2:

11. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Welcome to the longest education you will ever receive in life! Best of luck to you in your new adventure.

12. PHILJOHNSON

PHILJOHNSON Sales Manager

Jul 23, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Welcome

Hello and a warm welcome from Seattle, WA!

13. FireSprint

FireSprint Very Active Member

Welcome from Omaha!

14. tomence

tomence Very Active Member

Feb 10, 2009
    IL
    :Welcome: from IL

15. signworldusinc

signworldusinc Merchant Member

May 16, 2012
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Greetings from California. If you're willing to try some new printing media; feel free to PM us and we will gladly ship out some free sample media kits.

- Signworld Team.

16. Vyper Graphics

Vyper Graphics New Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Thanks to everybody for your warm welcome! The install on the boat wrap went GREAT, customer was happier than I was!