• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello to all from a Northern Michigan Newbie!

Vyper Graphics

As the title states, Hello to all! I'm a new sign shop owner, we just purchased our equipment in December of '11, and I have thus far learned more ways to screw up vinyl than to do it right! :banghead: We jumped into this with NO experience at all, just a dream and a lot of debt! I am self taught, having gotten more help than I can thank RJ for, who brought me to where I am today.

I am totally ignorant in this industry, but I am trying to find my way around. Somehow I have gotten through learning how to operate the programs, printer, plotter, and laminator, but I still screw up WAY to much material to be profitable. :Oops:

What I have discovered though, is that I am doing what I am being told is some of the best work people have seen, which means that if I can figure this stuff out I may be able to actually feed the kids! I own about every product Aurora Graphics made, and only know to use the rudimentary functions of Photoshop, have NO clue about illustrator, and can only use Flexi 10 to print. Yeah, pretty sad, I know...

My goal is to produce awesome graphics for banners, decals, and signs, but to specialize in wraps. I just started my first wrap job, an 1850 Crestliner, and have done the printing and laminating, with the install happening this weekend.

I will apologize in advance for the numerous questions I will have, and thank people in advance for any help and or advice they see fit to extend my way.

Other than that, I am an avid, outgoing outdoors person, and instead of growing old gracefully, old age is going to have to drag me kicking and screaming to the grave, leaving claw marks in the floor as I go!

Thank you for allowing me to be part of your forum!

SignBurst PCs

Welcome to the forum from out west!

If you ever need anything computer related, please let me know. We are a Merchant member here and cater to the sign and vehicle wrap industry.

signworldusinc

Merchant Member
Greetings from California. If you're willing to try some new printing media; feel free to PM us and we will gladly ship out some free sample media kits.

- Signworld Team.