Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello to all.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Banner Signs, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Banner Signs

Banner Signs New Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Hi, my name is Dave Hinkley and I am in the process of opening my first store front after 5 years of cutting vinyl in my home part time. I am jumping in with a new sp300v and a sailrite sewing machine and stimpson grommet setter. I am also getting ready to get a Daige4 since I can't get the hang of the handlaminator as well as I had hoped I would.
    I do most of my designing in Photoshop and use flexi for drawing shapes and adding cut lines and ripping with versaworks. I am using the aurora suites for most of my backgrounds and also have an old copy of wow styles for PS that are 225dpi and print great.
    All in all it is a nice setup and if I can get the Daige to give above average results I will be in good shape with this setup since I am the only one with an inkjet doing sign business within 30 miles. I am the only sorefront on the main drag here that is a sign or decal shop and hopefully it can stay that way for a while.
    Thanks again for any help that I can get in the future and I will be more than happy to help anyone that I can also.

Tags:
  2. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Welcome Aboard!

3. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Welcome to the BIG SHOW !

:signs101:

4. Mason

Mason Very Active Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Welcome, I recently took the same leap.. its a different ball game thats for sure.

5. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Welcome........I took that same leap 27 years ago
    Good luck to you

6. Pro Image

Pro Image Major Contributor

Nov 28, 2005
    Howdee fom VA...............

7. mladams7259

mladams7259 Very Active Member

Sep 7, 2006
    Welcome Aboard!

8. GregT

GregT Very Active Member

Welcome to the club from PA

9. MobileImpact

MobileImpact Active Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Ahhhh, took the leap about 20 years ago myself. Good luck to you and welcome from Wisconsin

10. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Welcome to :signs101:from PA.

Congrats on the 'New Digs'.

11. Geary

Geary Very Active Member

Welcome from Central Cal. You don't happen to have a brother that's obsessed with the movie "Taxi Driver" do you?

12. ENTDesign

ENTDesign Very Active Member

May 12, 2005
    Welcome

13. Jasminedg

Jasminedg New Member

Apr 16, 2007
    Welcome and good luck. Be sure to test drive your daige before you buy. We have a daige quickmount 4. I am a newbie to the business as well, but even our rep can't get the thing to work as it should.

14. skyhigh

skyhigh Major Contributor

Jun 16, 2005
    PA
    Welcome Dave

Now that Geary brought it up, I will mention.... who wouldn't have a crush on her. She looks even better the older she gets.

Attached Files:

15. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2005
    Lawton, OK, USA
    Welcome from Oklahoma!

Give me a call and let's discuss what you may be doing that is frustrating you. It may be as simple as trying too hard. Some veterans may be able to help on here as well. Just don't give up on it that easy. It is easier to learn than a roll laminator. 479-518-3744

:Welcome: to :signs101:

16. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

Welcome to the group. Call Dale! He will give you the facts on hand laminating. His "Big Squeegee" is one of the best investments you can make.

17. Wild Hare

Wild Hare Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Quincy, Ca
    Welcome! I made the leap two years ago and what a fullfilling career move it has been.

18. Banner Signs

Banner Signs New Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Thanks to all.

Dale, I will be in touch soon. I bought a 38" from fellers and get way to many bubbles with it. I watched the dvd and believe it can be done since you can do it. If I could use this damn thing and not have to get the Daige, woohoo!!

Geary, I don't get the connection with the movie but my little bro does live on Coronado Is and and is a Naval officer.

I am also looking to find someone with a 54" or bigger machine to do wholesale banners and vinyl for me. I will use the hell out of whoever could do quik turnarounds and is somewhat near my state.

19. Marie

Marie Member

Jan 31, 2005
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Welcome :beer and Good Luck!

20. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Welcome Aboard!