• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello

mortimer ford

I've been skulking around for close to a year now, and never bothered to say hi. I've been a graphic designer for a franchise sign outfit in the Atlanta area close to about two years now. This job fits me well, and I enjoy it. My software is Omega, and a preferable Illustrator. I occasionally use Corel when I have the sudden outlandish urge to kick and scream at inanimate objects. Customers beware.

I'm allergic to tiny bitmap images and powerpoint. My most hated fonts are Times Roman and Helvetica. And Cooper. And Christi. I should probably keep this short.

Due to the nature of the fast food approach to signs, most of my experience consists of single color graphics and limited spot colors. That's quite fine on one end. I often prefer a minamalistic design as opposed to complex color schemes. Compare the arcane pictograms you might find on an ancient coin with the elaborate portraits on today's silver. I always approach an image from the former simplicity.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I'm a former franchise employee and I learned a lot from that experience...especially how to shut up when the client had a really, really bad idea and the fine art of compromise....of course I forgot it all but I still try.

Welcome!

2NinerNiner2

Bonjour de Montréal
salut.gif

Was in ATL for Christmas two years ago...great city, great time:thumb: