Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dswanson, Apr 29, 2007.

1. dswanson

dswanson Member

Mar 16, 2007
    My Name is Dave Swanson...I've been lurking here for awhile. I'm 43yrs old and I've been in the industry for 20yrs and really thought I knew it all..lol...I guess when we quit growing we rott.

I work for Dan Striker or rather I should say I work with him as he is not the type of boss to stay in the office and his hands touch every project that leaves his shop, I often find myself wondering how he gets everything done in a day that he does, needless to say I've learned more in the short time I have worked with him than I thought possible and I am beyond greatful for the opportunity to work with him.

A typical day we will do everything from working on a dimensional monument, a vehicle wrap, and even laying down some good old gold leaf and everything in between, the variety of work we put out amazes me, it is great to see something different and creative everyday. I spent many years self employed and could never imagine myself working for someone else....my only regret is that I didn't have this opportunity sooner. I can honestly say that every sign that I have seen leave this shop has made our community look better, what a change from doing anything and everything for another dollar.

Have enjoyed reading most of the posts here and look forward to helping when and if I can.:thumb:

Tags:
  2. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Welcome to THE BIG SHOW !

Glad you finally made it here to :signs101:

3. skyhigh

skyhigh Major Contributor

Jun 16, 2005
    PA
    welcome aboard Dave

4. Pro Image

Pro Image Major Contributor

Nov 28, 2005
    Howdee from VA........................

5. Sign Prophet

Sign Prophet Member

Jan 5, 2007
    Welcome from Long Beach, California

6. Creative_Lance

Creative_Lance Very Active Member

Nov 15, 2006
    USA
    Welcome!

7. TC49010

TC49010 Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    :Welcome:

8. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

Welcome from Oklahoma!

9. dswanson

dswanson Member

Mar 16, 2007
    hey Dale, love the big squeegee or more specifically love masking with it beats all the other contraptions i have seen through the years....

10. dsi

dsi Member

Apr 28, 2007
    welcome fom oz

11. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

Glad you like it! Are you using it for mounting the cut vinyl?

12. mladams7259

mladams7259 Very Active Member

Sep 7, 2006
    Welcome Aboard from a fellow Alabamian! When are you gonna get Dan to come back to signs101?

13. dswanson

dswanson Member

Mar 16, 2007
    i use the big squeegee for mounting now and again and have nothing but good things to say about it, but the big time saver for me is in applying transfer tape.

Regarding Dan he has some health issues that make one day to the next a little unpredictable, honestly I wish he would just stay home as I have seen how hard it is for him to be in the shop when he is sick, but having been a business owner myself for many years I understand how hard it is to just turn things over to someone else.

...where is 'bama are you located? have we met?

14. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Welcome Aboard!

15. Sign Up Graphics

Jan 8, 2007

:thumb: Welcome Aboard from Skokie, IL

16. masterdesigns

masterdesigns Member

Nov 18, 2006
    Welcome, sounds like you will have alot to offer us here as well.

Bob

17. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

Welcome to the group.