• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello

ChristopherHaas

Hello, my name is Christopher Haas and I work for a family owned printing company called Walter Haas Graphics. We are located in Hialeah, Florida (Miami). Im 25 and now in charge of our digital printing department. This was a huge jump for me. My uncle used to be in charge and was very good at what he did, but last year in august he passed away and I had to step up.

My grandfather started a sign making shop in 1962 and quickly grew. He is an account by trade with an amazing artistic ability. So he was a sign letterer. Quickly he bought a screen printing press and became a screen printing shop. We were very successful as a screen printing company, with customers like Burdines, Macys, 7-11, and Levitz. But now sadly those days are over. In 1992 we started our transition into the digital world with the purchase of an electrostatic printer(dont ask me what kind I was 6 years old). Now we have a Vutek PV 200, Roland XC-540 print and cut, a HP L25500, and a Graphtec FC5100-130. RIP software I have is versaworks V4.4.3 for my roland, Flexisign 8.6 Pro for my HP and Graphtec and Colorburst 7.4 for my PV 200. Slowly but surely I have been learning the ins and outs of each piece of equipment. I found this forum one day looking on the net for some info about the HP and saw it as a goldmine of information I could use.

At this point I want to learn everything I can about the equipment I have so this forum will be seeing a lot of me lol. Also I want to see whats out there, whats coming out, new technology and learn about it, since this day and age everything changes so fast

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Welcome from the Kingdom of Texas!

Yes, great introduction.

When I was your age we had just purchased a newfangled contraption called a Signmaker 3. I can't imagine what your shop will look like when you are 52.

Craig Sjoquist

At 25 I was buying sign painters brushes and 1 Shot then later going to school for signs.

Interesting what will be ahead for you. ... enjoy